CaptivateIQ (201-500 Employees, 504% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Created by a team with decades of commissions experience, CaptivateIQ is pioneering the new standard in commission management and enabling companies to reclaim the power of incentives.
Calculating commissions is mission-critical. And it’s really, really hard. Each company has a unique commission structure that involves far more calculations and data than a typical salary payroll — and for many, commission is one of the largest expenses on the P&L statement.
When CaptivateIQ was founded in 2017, compensation leaders were tracking and managing sales data using costly legacy software or, in the worst cases, a single spreadsheet. There were no other options but to use opaque, error-prone processes to manage commissions. Our founders knew this could be better. So they created the solution that they’d want to use: CaptivateIQ.
Today, the best teams use CaptivateIQ to strategically manage and maximize the power of incentives. Twenty-eight of the Forbes Cloud 100, including leading brands like Amplitude, Gong, and Hopin, use CaptivateIQ to power their commission programs. We have over $164.6M in funding from ICONIQ, Sequoia, Accel, Workday Ventures, Sapphire, Y Combinator, Amity Ventures, GTMFund, S28 Capital, and other top investors. We’ve grown over 3x by all measures in the past year – including revenue, customers, and employees – and we’re searching for more great folks such as yourself to help us transform the world of commission management.
We’re proud of our 5.0 rating on Glassdoor. Our remote team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, which helps us better serve our customers and each other. People are at the heart of our open and inclusive organization, and we bring transparency, humility, and respect to everything that we do.
About the Role
Step into the company’s first Senior Accountant role that will help build out the accounting function from the ground up and grow in scope as the company grows and scales. This role will focus on the company's lifeblood – revenue – along with other core operational accounting functions, including billing and accounts receivable, collections, and accounts payable.
– Proven product offering that solves a mission-critical problem: 28 of the Forbes Cloud 100,
including leaders like Amplitude, Gong, and Hopin, use CaptivateIQ to power their commission management programs. The product is also now the #1 commission solution on G2, TrustRadius, and Gartner PeerInsights
– High growth business that has tripled in each of the last 2 years and the company is planning to grow its employee base from around 200 to 400 at the end of 2022.
valuation. Investors include ICONIQ, Sequoia, Accel, Workday Ventures, Sapphire, Y Combinator, Amity Ventures, GTMFund, S28 Capital, and other top investors
– Diverse, people-focused, remote-first workforce with a culture that embraces diversity of opinions and ideas, humility, inclusiveness, transparency, and respect
- Collaborate with the Controller to establish standard processes for revenue accounting, billing, accounts receivable, collections, and accounts payable.
- Assist in the implementation of a new ERP system.
- Assist Controller in building out the company’s in-house accounting department, including internal controls, processes, and systems. Assist in preparation for the first and subsequent audits.
- Core Day-to-Day Accountabilities:
- Support the monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting close processes for revenue and preparation of relevant sections of the financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
- Manage the accuracy and processing of sales orders into the company CMS. Ensure the details of orders are correct and fully executed according to the customer contract.
- Process all billing transactions/invoices for new/renewed/amended customer contracts.
- Analyze and ensure accuracy of billings and sales data.
- Evaluate and manage Accounts Receivable (AR), collections, and Accounts Payable (AP).
- Interface with customers regarding invoices and collections. Reconcile daily/monthly AR balances.
- Assess and apply technical guidance related to software and SaaS revenue recognition, including the application of ASC 606.
- Assist Controller in managing relationships and workflows with operational teams.
- Evaluate processes, and drive system implementation and enhancements.
- Expand role into general accounting as the accounting function grows and develops.
- Proven, progressive track record of 4 to 7+ years in general and/or revenue accounting with at least 2 years in private industry. Big 4 or public accounting experience is a strong plus
- Experience in a startup/early growth stage SaaS or tech company or another high growth/startup environment is preferred
- Exposure to General Ledger, AR, and AP accounting
- Strong Excel and data analytics skills
- Ability to identify issues and problem solve
- Open-minded with an ability to adapt and thrive in ambiguity
- Degree in Accounting. CPA is a plus
- Experience with NetSuite or other ERP systems and/or QuickBooks Online. Strong plus: knowledge of SaaSOptics or other billing systems, Bill.com, Gusto, and/or Expensify
Core Company Characteristics
- Problem Solver. You are adept at defining problems and will dig deep beyond surface-level evidence to gather information, evaluate options, and communicate recommendations
- Accountability. You take full ownership of decisions, regardless of the outcome. You never pass the buck and instead are mature enough to own your mistakes
- Scrappy. You are able to dive into the work with little direction, adapt to a fast pace, and manage/organize competing priorities. You can navigate a situation or problem without a clear outcome and independently produce actionable solutions and/or ideas. While you work well independently, you know when to ask for help.
- Humble & Respectful. You are open to considering and implementing the ideas of others. You readily share credit where due for big wins. You don’t hesitate to speak your mind, but you are concise in delivering explanations and respectful of others in all communications.
- (US-ONLY) 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Unlimited vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your first work anniversary
- $500 annual professional development stipend to continue growing and learning
- $500 home office stipend to decorate your home office
- $1,000 caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- (US-ONLY) 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent.