The O'Connor Group (11-50 Employees, 67% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Helping Business Leaders Navigate the Uncharted Territory of COVID-19 in the Workplace
Our client is a consulting company that has solved complex problems for life sciences companies since their inception over 50 years ago, and they have had a sole focus on the industry since 2000. Few other consulting firms can make such a claim.
This consulting firm brings expertise and knowledge in the areas of quality, regulatory, compliance, operational excellence and manufacturing science and technology consulting.
Senior Accountant – Position Summary
The Senior Accountant provides support to the Accounting Department in the areas of General Ledger, Financial Reporting and Analysis, Payroll, AR/AP, Cash, Time and Expense Reporting
· Supports a wide scope of accounting processes, including Accounts Payable, Payroll, Fixed Assets, Accounts Receivable, General Accounting, Intercompany, and Financial Statement preparation.
· Provides transactional processing support to the department for routine transactions, such as accounts receivable billing/invoicing, payroll, time & labor.
· Assists with month-end closing process for all areas of general and project accounting, including posting of journal entries, completion of balance sheet reconciliations, and review of financial statements.
· Support external audit activity for the financial, ESOP and 401k audits.
· Oversees government compliance including Accounting System compliance by reviewing processes and transactional data for adherence to system requirements. Recommends and leads correction actions as needed.
· Analyzes financial statements to assess reasonableness and then as needed implements any corrective actions to fix data and/or business processes.
· Reviews contracts to determine appropriate revenue recognition consistent with ASC-606 standards and documents conclusions.
· Assists with the preparation of the year-end tax package reporting schedules.
· Assists with the preparation of internal reporting, including supporting annual and monthly planning and forecasting.
· Maintains continuous improvement efforts to ensure optimization.
· Assists with other accounting department tasks and reporting as required.
· Highly organized, able to prioritize workload, and meet deadlines.
· High level of attention to detail and accuracy
· Proven analytical, critical thinking and project management skills
· Ability to work in a team environment and develop strong working relationships with coworkers across all departments especially in a remote work environment
· Understands the requirements of internal customers and provides useful, timely data to assist in the decision-making process
· Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively (both written and verbally) with other departments and customers, both internal and external
· Ability to be flexible with work assignments and appropriately modify processes and procedures to find the best way to complete assigned
· Bachelors degree in Accounting and minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience
· Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially Excel
· Ability to work independently and with flexibility in a fast paced and changing environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Before you apply, please check if any restrictions apply in terms of time zone or country.
This job has a geo-restriction in place: USA Only.