Clover Health (501+ Employees, 63% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Clover is reinventing health insurance by working to keep people healthier.
The Finance team is responsible for accurately reporting the financial results of Clover Health and overall business activities. The team coordinates and directs all financial transactions in the accounting system, as well as supports company-wide goals and initiatives relative to the financial needs of all departments. The accounting department assures that all transactions adhere to company policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles, and relevant authoritative guidance.
We are looking for a highly motivated and committed individual to join our accounting team as a Senior Accounting Manager. As Senior Accounting Manager, you will be assigned a wide variety of tasks, including general accounting associated with the monthly, quarterly and year-end closings, and financial reporting of results and analysis. You exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical principles and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and rapidly changing environment.
As a Senior Accounting Manager, you will:
- Direct the monthly accounting close process including the accurate and timely reporting of the Company’s financials in accordance with US GAAP, regulatory guidelines, and company policy and procedures.
- Review financial statements, account reconciliations, and journal entries as recorded by the accounting department. Analyze company-wide accounts for adjustments and reconciliation to third-party reports.
- Research and resolve all significant accounting matters that may arise, including new rule adoption projects. Prepare technical memos and be the internal expert to advise on accounting impacts for the business.
- Act as main contact for all external auditors as it relates to US GAAP compliance, statutory requirements, and governmental regulations.
- Lead system administration for financial reporting software and corporate general ledger.
- Maintain and improve upon current accounting infrastructure and procedures to scale business growth, including documentation of policies and procedures, workflow enhancements and data sharing for optimal efficiency.
- Assist with special projects including acquisitions, debt offerings, and other special transactions.
- Plan, implement, and monitor internal controls adequate for a private company and ultimately public company status.
You will love this job if:
- You are excited to lead complex projects which require influence and implementation across functional teams.
- You have the ability to execute multiple tasks and adhere to strict deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- You have demonstrated effective leadership, attention to detail and accuracy, with a proven ability to manage significant initiatives across organizations and geographies.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all areas and levels of the Company.
- You are team-oriented, flexible, and must be able to work closely with all levels of management.
- You have demonstrated experience leading and developing a team responsible for reporting and general ledger within a financial organization.
You should get in touch if:
- You have 7+ years of accounting and management experience in healthcare, including Medicare Advantage experience.
- You have an active and valid CPA certification.
- You have experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and Model Audit Rule, preferred but not required.
- You have expert working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Google suite.
- You have experience working with major Enterprise Resource Planning systems.
- You have Big 4 public accounting experience, preferred, but not required.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software and analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene and provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, and our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate and mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clover’s inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employee’s points of view are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.