Allstate (501+ Employees, 8% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
This position is a permanent remote home-based worker opportunity. Your home office does not need to be near an Allstate office, but it does need to be in the United States. This Technical Lead position is eligible for a monthly connectivity reimbursement to offset the costs of internet and phone expenses.
The Active Directory Technical Lead provides support, implementation, and design services for Microsoft’s Active Directory, Azure, and ADFS. The individual stepping into this role will be a subject matter expert for implementing security standards on Domain Controllers. The role entails applying new solutions through research and collaboration with team and determines course of action for new application initiatives. The individual should possess an in-depth knowledge of the Active Directory, Domain controllers, Azure Cloud, and a proficiency in PowerShell scripting.
The Active Directory Technical Lead must have demonstrated prior and active experience in managing Active Directory issues. The individual will support the continuing goal of incorporating these innovative technologies into Allstate. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, someone who can work independently, and will be flexible in a complex environment.
- Apply advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert
- Frequently contribute to development of new ideas and methods
- Act as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies
- Participate in cross-functional teams
- Provide mentoring and guidance to other team members
- Demonstrate technical leadership and exert influence outside of the immediate team
- Apply in-depth or broad technical knowledge to provide maintenance solutions across one or more technology areas
- Independently implement end-user or enterprise infrastructure or services of significant complexity
- Integrate technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and customers
- Exercise significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine the best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives
- Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences
- Create and document detailed guides and tracking documents – for clients to leverage as part of Active Directory hardening and overall infrastructure enhancements
- Develop standards, target states, roadmaps, effectively communicating and obtaining consensus across architecture, engineering, and operations teams
Key Responsibilities (continued)
- Produce enterprise-level designs for Active Directory, Azure and ADFS
- Deliver enterprise level initiatives following through to implementation via collaborations with project and support team
- Own Team’s services problem resolutions and identify the root cause by analysis and problem management
- Manage all escalations for Active Directory authentications and authorizations
- Provide guidance to team members to resolve all authentications and authorization problems
- Serve as the 3rd level of escalation support for Active Directory technology issues that cannot be resolved by tier one and two server support
- Create and maintain system documentation for Active Directory, Azure and ADFS technologies, including installation, configuration, and appropriate troubleshooting steps
- Mentor team members on Active Directory, ADFS and ADFS and develop to enhance their existing skills
- Support efforts regarding audit findings, adherence to compliance and organizational change
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click ‘here‘ for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click ‘here‘ for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster click ‘here‘. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click ‘here‘. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.