NEAR is a sharded, developer-friendly, proof-of-stake public blockchain, built by a world-class team that has built some of the world’s only sharded databases at scale.
The role is responsible for the operations and execution of various ecosystem initiatives including accelerators, ecosystem fund, and other business development efforts. The ideal candidate should have deep blockchain industry knowledge and be familiar with both the primary market and secondary market. We expect you to have great time management skills, the sense of ownership and startup-mindset of “getting things done”. You should also have good interpersonal skills, as he or she would need to facilitate the communication among various external stakeholders, including venture funds, mentors, and technology providers. You will learn new things every day, face many challenges from time to time and can get accustomed to a face paced, high intensity work environment that is also multilingual and distributed.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct the due-diligence and screening of Dapp projects and startup teams (focusing on Asia but the scope is global); assist the projects/teams after enrolling into NEAR’s ecosystem programs
- Organize and update the project pipelines
- Coordinate with developers, founders, mentors, funds, and other external parties, as well as NEAR affiliated teams across the world
- Help with tokenomices and product design
- Produce daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on the industry and the market, such as trending topics at the time and market analysis
What You Bring To The Role:
- 3+ years of working experience, with at least 1 year in blockchain. You don’t have to code in this job, but you should be product driven and technical – understand on a high level of software architecture design and blockchain. A huge plus if you can communicate directly with the developers and understand the pros and cons of different technology solutions.
- Deep knowledge of DeFi, NFT, and DAO
- Graduate from a 985/211 university or a top school from oversea
- Always be proactive. Can work in a highly distributed global environment. Can independently propose, drive and finish initiatives
About NEAR and the NEAR Collective
NEAR’s mission is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.
The NEAR platform, NEAR Protocol, and associated tooling are being built by the NEAR Collective, a collection of the best engineers in the world who work across teams, companies and countries similar to other large scale open source projects. Core contributors include a couple of 2-time ICPC world champions, 2 gold medalists, a Latin American champion and multiple other competitive programming finalists.
Working at NEAR
Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.