Heetch (201-500 Employees, 26% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
ℹ️Note before applying :
We’re a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we’re only working with people in locations where the time zone is:
-2 hours > Paris time zone < +2 hours
Driver Team @Heetch
We’d love the opportunity to discuss this role with you – we consider ourselves a group of talented, motivated, caring and product focussed engineers all working together to solve complex problems, design and build simple software that scales, while constantly working to improve and scale the Driver side of the product at Heetch.
The opportunity and challenge ahead for this team is huge and will have a direct impact on the success of the business as we continue to grow in 2022 and beyond. We are looking for a motivated Engineer, with a product and collaborative mindset, to help design and build microservices that empower and enable tens of thousands of Drivers to earn a living on Heetch each day.
We are the centre piece of a Drivers lifecycle and thus interact with most teams at Heetch. We aim to ship small and often throughout the duration of a Sprint and on a day-to-day basis you can expect to work in unison with product, design, mobile, frontend and the business operational teams to ensure our product is forever improving one deployment at a time.
Technology you can expect to work with
• Micro-services written in Go and Java
• Docker with Mesos & Marathon
*and well, if you think a piece of tech that will solve a problem, go for it, we’re always eager to learn and you are encouraged to experiment.
What will you do?
• Work with engineers to design, build, ship and maintain microservices in production
• When needs must, debug issues direct on production spanning multiple services and stacks
• Contribute to architectural and design decisions, at scale, around our microservice and event-driven architecture
• Work on extraction projects as we migrate legacy systems into our event-driven architecture
• Participate in Code Reviews and provide feedback to your colleagues
• Share knowledge with everyone and help your team to grow
• Have the freedom to experiment. Intrigued by a new tech or library? Go for it! Let’s see how it improves our services
• Have product ownership by working closely with Product, mobile and data teams. It’s not just about writing code
Does it sound like you?
• You’ve got more than 5 years of experience as a software engineer
• You’ve worked with micro-services in production using Java or Golang
• You have designed and developed elegant APIs that are easy to use and well documented
• You think before you code and look at the wider problem we are trying to solve
• You’re eager to learn and push boundaries, just like we are!
• You are curious by nature and not afraid of leaving your comfort zone
• You are comfortable communicating to a wide set of audiences, from technical to non-technical
• You are ready to have impact at scale!
+ If you’ve worked with Kafka in production, it’s a plus 🙂
Studies have shown that women are less likely to apply to roles in Tech, which is why we strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t feel you match 100% of the job specifications!
We know your time is valuable. We try our best not to waste it. The whole interview process should not take more than 3 weeks
Steps are as follows
1. Tech recruiter interview
2. Technical test + Team review
3. Stakeholders interviews – Meet the Team
Heetch embraces diversity and equal opportunity for everyone We provide a safe and inclusive work environment. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Because the more diverse we are, the better our work will be!
Heetch SAS is collecting your personal data (identity, contact details, academic background, professional experience and optionally a covering letter) for the processing of your application to our job offer, based on your consent.
Your personal data will only be accessible to our hiring team, our co-founders, and the manager of the position you are applying to. In addition, data are stored by our processor in order to use its applications tracking system. Your data may be stored outside of the EU/EEA but are protected by appropriated safeguards.
Your data are stored for a maximum duration of two years. If we do not reply to your application, you allow us to store your data during this term in order to potentially contact you for another position within our company or affiliates and subsidiaries.
You have a right to access to your data, to rectify them, under some conditions to erase them, and to limit the processing. Also, you have a right of portability on your data. In addition, you may revoke your consent and we shall stop processing your data. Eventually, you have a right to define directives about the fate of your data if your death should occur.