Redaptive (201-500 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Redaptive is seeking a Senior Back-End Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. As a Senior Back-End Software Engineer, you will be working with Engineering Management, DevOps, Data Science, Product Managers, and QA to develop a highly scalable and real-time energy management solution.
Our core platform is a meter data backhaul and management system gathering energy data from IoT devices in real-time with the ultimate goal of enabling energy savings for our customers. This platform powers numerous energy savings models, processes, and dashboards.
This role can be based remotely anywhere in the USA and will work closely with international teammates. This position reports to the Director of Engineering & Data Science.
- Architect, design, build and deploy tooling and infrastructure to ensure reliable, high-quality meter and billing data is collected, stored, and served via REST APIs.
- Develop data pipelines to bring real-time data from a variety of IOT and operational systems into Redaptive’s data lake.
- Build and maintain models of energy savings estimations and calculations based on underlying timeseries and equipment data.
- Develop performance monitoring and anomaly detection systems to flag performance outliers across a variety of energy conservation technologies, including lighting, HVAC, solar, etc.
- Work closely with front-end engineers to develop the APIs that feed internal and external user interfaces such as Network Operations Center / Meter Reliability, customer-facing dashboards, invoice / payment systems, and presentation of new customer opportunities.
- Work closely with internal BI / Strategy teams to provide underlying data models, infrastructure, and tooling to enable internal intelligence.
- 5+ years of production software development experience.
- BS degree preferred in Computer Science or related technical field. Equivalent practical experience on the job as a data or software engineer will also qualify candidates, depending on level and type of experience.
- Experience with an open-source oriented stack, ideally with the following languages: Java / Spring, Node.js.
- Experience with cloud computing, preferably the AWS suite. For example: IoT, S3, Lambdas, SQS, RDBMS (PostgreSQL), API Gateway, Sagemaker.
- Experience in Agile software development methods and tooling, such as Jira ticketing, Kanban process, etc.
- Self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment with changing requirements.
- Domain knowledge in energy efficiency, solar/storage, or electric utilities is a plus.
- Have an ergonomically correct and functional work-from-home workstation set up; amenable to working from home for the foreseeable future
Permanent Authorization in the US is required at this time.
- Benefits start your first day: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Healthcare and Dependent Care
- 401(k) Match
- Monthly Internet and Cell Phone Allowance
- Flexible Time Away
- Fully remote-within-USA work environment
- Volunteer Activities
- Monthly Virtual Happy Hour
Colorado applicants: The expected annualized salary compensation for this position is $145,000. This estimated salary represents the typical starting rate of candidates hired in Colorado. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary include relevant experience, skills, and your remote work location. Redaptive offers subsidized medical, dental and vision plan coverage, a 401(k) match, participation in our equity plan, and an annual At-target incentive bonus opportunity of at least 10% of salary at 100% achievement (actual achievement % will vary).
About Redaptive Inc.
Redaptive is the leading Energy-as-a-Service company that enables businesses to meet largescale energy efficiency and strategic technology objectives. With over $1 billion in project lending capacity, Redaptive deploys best-in-class energy efficiency technologies across large commercial real estate portfolios through a unique, data driven shared savings model. Redaptive is backed by CarVal, ENGIE New Ventures, Linse Capital, CBRE, and Evergy Ventures.
Our company culture is fun, collaborative, and fast paced. We are passionate about changing the world and helping our customers to become more environmentally sustainable and profitable. We are looking for team members who are driven, passionate, and want to take on a diverse set of challenges to help grow a great company. Redaptive, Inc is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.