Zumper (201-500 Employees, 65% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
About the job
Zumper is on a mission to change the way you rent, forever. To make it easier, faster, and more human—where renting an apartment is as easy as booking a hotel. By making this vision a reality, we’re creating opportunity for everyone to live better from one fresh start to the next.
Zumper is the largest privately owned rental platform in North America with more than 175 million visits per year. We’re proud to have been named a 2021 Best Startup Employer by Forbes and a 2021 Best Place to Work/Company with the Best Benefits by Built In SF.
To date, we’ve raised over $178 million from Kleiner Perkins, Goodwater Capital, Headline, Dawn Capital, and the Blackstone Group. Changing the way the world rents requires passion, bold ideas, and bright minds. Join us in building the future of renting, today!
About this Opportunity
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you'll be designing, building, and scaling the infrastructure that underpins our diverse partnership integrations. These integrations form the backbone of our platform and are essential to the effective operation of our marketplace.
What You Will Do
Together we will architect, implement and review new solutions to solve pressing business problems and improve the overall performance and reliability of our marketplace. You'll collaborate with a forward-thinking team of engineers and problem solvers to help move an entire industry forward by creating modern APIs and systems.
Twice per year, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with people from across the company to explore new ideas, take on results-oriented concepts, and innovate in our multi-day hackathon. We have a proven record of shipping over 50% of our hackathon projects to our customers!
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator that is able to collaborate closely with internal and external partners on a broad range of technical and business topics. This candidate is also a hardworking learner with a passion for solving problems and delivering value to our company and partners.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Self-motivated do-er of things and solver of problems
- 5+ years of professional Python and SQL.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Outstanding debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs (use and implementation thereof)
Bonus Skills & Experience
- SQL Alchemy
- AWS (EC2, EMR, S3, SQS, SES, etc)
- Command line and Shell scripting (Bash, Zsh, etc)
- Observability tools (Sentry, Grafana, SumoLogic, etc)
What We Offer
- 401k plan + 3% company match
- Stock options
- Excellent Medical, dental, vision insurance options with 90-100% premium coverage
- FSA, HSA, Life insurance, and Long-term Disability insurance
- Up to 12-weeks of paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy – work hard and take time off when you need it
- Health & wellness credits, home office set-up support, and internet reimbursements
- Group training and individual professional development programs
- Team activities, game nights, and happy hours
- Weekly insight into company metrics
- Employee Resource Groups (Black Lives Matter at Zumper, [email protected], ZAPIAH: Zumper Asian & Pacific Islander American Heritage, zWomen) that create safe spaces for candid conversations
Life at Zumper
Zumper HQ is located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, next door to the iconic Transamerica Building. From hubs in Los Angeles, Scottsdale, Chicago, Providence, and Miami to home offices across the US, we are lucky to have a distributed team of 200+ employees.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusivity. We are fostering an environment that celebrates individuality and enables you to be your best self. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome all applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, or race. We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive equitable employee benefits. (Please contact us to request accommodations).
- Zumper does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zumper employees, or any other company location. Any submittals without a prior signed agreement will become the property of Zumper.