Who are we?
Our vision is of a global community of individuals empowered to pursue the work they love. Our mission is to grow that community by transforming millions of thinkers into creators.
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in software development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Senior Marketing Analyst designs reports, builds data-driven processes, and delivers insights to support the work of GA’s Marketing team. This role sits on the global Data team and reports to the Director of Data, with dotted-line reporting into the Marketing department.
The Data team is not only responsible for making sure that GA’s data solutions are speedy, intelligent, user-friendly and accessible to employees across the organization, but also works closely with GA’s leadership team, providing them with data-driven insights that drive greater business performance and strategy.
The Data team at GA is made up of a Director of Data, two Senior Data Engineers, a Data Engineer, three BI Analysts, and a Senior Product Manager. Our current technology stack in data engineering mostly consists of Redshift, Python, SQL, Tableau , and an open-source event-based data pipeline that provides us with real-time data.
The BI team at GA is a small team with significant latitude to solve problems and build scalable solutions. For that reason, this position would appeal to a strong analyst with enthusiasm to learn and grow in an organization whose mission is to empower individuals to do the work they love.
Candidates should have advanced analytical skills, be highly organized, and possess the strong communication skills necessary to work with many different people and teams at GA, often leading high-impact, high-visibility projects. Strong candidates will have experience adapting to the evolving needs of a high-growth B2C and B2B business and creating pragmatic and innovative solutions to complex business problems.
- Build and own business models to evaluate key marketing levers (e.g. spend, conversions, bookings) and their sensitivities to hitting targets. Use models for delivering insights and recommendations as well as setting forecasts and targets.
- Work with business stakeholders to set bottoms-up targets and provide accurate forecasts on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Provide campaign reporting across market segments. Conduct ad hoc analysis pulling data from multiple sources including historical performance, trends, and benchmarking.
- Perform analysis to provide actionable insights and analytical recommendations for the Marketing team, using advanced SQL and data visualization tools.
- Monitor and perform root cause analysis on key marketing performance metrics including LTV, CAC, and other KPIs to identify performance and efficiency trends.
- Work with business stakeholders to develop and manage dashboards and reports, and provide data-driven solutions that scale.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, and Finance to determine what data they need to make decisions, so they can ensure the smooth operation of the business and consistent achievement of growth goals.
- 6+ years of data analyst experience and a problem-solving mindset.
- Confident with end to end data workflows: analysis, reporting, and presenting results in a compelling way.
- Strong proficiency in SQL (Redshift / Postgres preferred), both for ad hoc analysis and data modeling for analytical reporting.
- Proficiency with BI tools such as Looker or Tableau. Tableau experience preferred.
- Experience with forecasting, benchmarking, and other analytical reporting.
- Strong communication skills and empathy to understand stakeholder challenges.
- Comfortable finding and validating data in undocumented systems.
- Enthusiastic about learning new techniques and technologies.
- Comfortable presenting and engaging with cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize competing initiatives.
- Experience with marketing funnels, CRM, and end-to-end customer journey data.
- Energized by our mission of transforming people’s lives and careers through experiential education.
Who can apply?
- USA: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, KS, MA, MI, MN, NC, NH, NY, OR, RI, TN, TX, UT, WA, DC, WI, WV, and VA