Box (501+ Employees, 0% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Box is an online file sharing and cloud content management service offering unlimited storage, custom branding, and administrative controls.
WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box is looking for a Sr. Business Analyst to support the Payroll and Equity functions within Box. In this role, you will be part of the core team who is responsible for the design, functional development, support, maintenance & improvements of Workday Payroll (US), CloudPay (International) and Global Equity programs. You will be working with business partners and collaborating with our IT Enterprise Systems team by utilizing your technical expertise and business insights. You will also partner closely with our Payroll and Equity teams to plan, design and build optimal solutions for our systems and applications. An ideal candidate will have exceptional analytical, communication, and problem solving skills and will be comfortable interacting with all levels of the organization.
This role requires someone who can support world-class, global tools and processes. The Sr. Business Analyst will support projects and initiatives, with team supervision, that will enable a rapidly expanding business, and facilitate the growth of Box to the next level. This role requires a self-motivated professional that consistently brings a high level of dedication to projects, team members and business partners, along with the ability to strategically and tactically navigate the unique challenges that supporting US and international payroll and equity brings.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Partner with the Payroll, Equity, Benefits, Compensation, and People Operations teams to understand business needs and solutions that align to overall business strategies and manage to a successful delivery.
- Analyze business requirements, identify gaps, develop/create business requirements, document the user stories, and translate business requirements into effective and efficient functional design specifications and application configuration/technical solutions.
- Become an Internal Payroll and Equity expert with knowledge of design, configuration, testing, and implementation; leverage business knowledge and expertise to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Provide ongoing production support to the business regarding application functionality and data integrity, including identification, troubleshooting and resolution of critical production issues, enhancements, and year end processes.
- Test Solutions to ensure they meet the business requirements/specifications, and document existing and new processes.
- Partner with and assist integrations team in Payroll and Equity integrations configuration and testing between Workday and equity systems, payroll systems and other 3rd party/custom solutions alongside business teams and vendors.
- Educate and guide users on effective and efficient approaches to implementing new features and provide technical guidance for testing/adoption of new features and functionality.
- Drive the planning, prioritization, design, development and deployment of new projects & system enhancements using Box project methodology and industry best practices.
WHO YOU ARE
- 8+ years of industry experience implementing & supporting various HR/Payroll applications
- 3+ years of design/configuration experience with the Workday Payroll module
- Extensive knowledge in US and International payroll processes, including earnings and deductions, pay groups, general ledger, costing allocations, audit alerts, approval processes, and security rules
- Experience on Workday Payroll Integrations with applications such as Equity, HR & external vendor applications. Direct experience with CloudPay International Payroll tool strongly preferred.
- Deep understanding of software testing with knowledge on building test plans and executing them in unit, functional and user acceptance test cycles
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Ability to work optimally in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely and ensure others are informed
- Ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize to ensure work is done in a timely and high quality manner
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting or Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent years of industry experience
- Experience with multiple HCM, payroll and/or financial applications a plus
- Full coverage of PST hours required, including occasional off hours support for critical processes as needed