Truss Works (51-200 Employees, 37% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Truss is tackling tough technical problems for the private sector and government. We use modern development practices to build software, streamline infrastructure, and train others through exposure to our teams. We have earned a reputation with our clients for pragmatism, autonomy, expertise, and trust. We extend these values to our strong relationships with contractors, partners, and employees because we believe this is fundamental to doing great work.
Truss was named one of the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies for 2021. All Trussels enjoy full benefits, generous PTO, 401k match, a co-working budget, a kindness budget, and company-wide transparency around salaries and career leveling (view the Truss Leveling Guide). We have been a remote-first organization since our inception and are passionate about work-life balance, building diverse teams, and practicing radical candor.
We practice and advocate modern development practices to build software and streamline infrastructure. As a Truss Client Engagement Manager you will bring our impact and our values to our clients. You will understand our clients’ and Truss’s engagement strategies. You will guide our development teams towards realizing these goals, and you will use metrics and data to demonstrate Truss’s impact to your clients.
We are seeking a client-facing leader to serve as a trusted point of contact for both government and private sector partners across the entire customer lifecycle. This is a high visibility position that will allow you to continuously enrich your skill-set working in an energetic yet balanced environment with a cross-functional team of curious, helpful people. This is a full-time remote position joining our Client Engagement practice and reporting to our Director of Client Engagement.
The salary range for this role is $180,000 to $212,000.
In this position you will:
- Strategically ensure project engagement by focusing on client satisfaction, client communication, and the overall management of client relationships
- Identify project risks early and take proactive actions to mitigate these risks
- Surface strategic insights to the team by paying attention to possible changes to the project, and communicating them to Truss
- Create and maintain relationships with external stakeholders built on empathy, trust, and responsiveness
- Work with dedicated delivery teams to ensure timely delivery of projects while managing costs
- Manage the narrative of Truss’s impact on the client through identifying, measuring, and communicating the markers of our project’s engagement and value
- Collaborate with our internal Sales practice to generate qualified opportunities, secure new business and ensure expansions and renewals of existing contracts whenever possible
Here’s what we hope you’ll bring:
- Solution-oriented, proactive approaches to collaborative client engagement
- Experience working with cross-functional agile software development teams (e.g. Product, Engineering, Design and Research)
- Talent for building strong, positive business relationships based on understanding client goals and exceeding expectations
- Familiarity with project specific custom-built software solutions
- Empathy for customers and coworkers that drives creative problem-solving
- Ability to be assertive as needed and remain calm under pressure
- Exceptional communication, especially listening and collaboration skills, as well as an understanding of how to generate trust in complex environments
- Comfort working with fully distributed teams and relying on tools such as Slack, GSuite, Zoom, etc. both internally and externally
- Prior successful experience working as a consultant on software based solutions
- Experience working on public sector projects, either as an employee or contractor, with knowledge of government bureaucracy, procurement, and security considerations
Within 1 month you will…
Complete Truss’s Onboarding Guide
Shadow 1-2 projects, meeting team members and gaining an understanding of key processes and deliverables related to your role
Shadow 1-2 sales opportunities, meeting the sales team and gaining an understanding of the key processes and deliverables related to your role
Understand Truss’s client landscape, the scope and goals of our active projects, and our active sales pipeline
Within 3 months you will…
Manage 1-2 client relationships with minimal oversight, gaining domain knowledge of the stakeholders, the contract, and the the project teams’ deliverables
Serve as the CEM advisor on 1-2 sales opportunities, joining calls with prospective clients, and helping to determine staffing strategies
Further your understanding of our Client Engagement practices and practice operations
Within 6 months you will…
Independently manage 1-3 active client relationships, and support the project delivery teams
Proactively identify, track, and mitigate risks related to securing option years and recompetes
Serve as the CEM advisor on sales opportunities as needed
Regularly share insights and innovations from current projects back to larger Client Engagement practice
Contribute to improvements within the Client Engagement practice
Eligibility: You must be eligible to work in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor work visas at this time.
Truss is a federal contractor and as such must adhere to executive order 14042 for the Covid Vaccination mandate regarding federal contractors. Upon employment, Truss will request proof of vaccination. If a medical or religious accommodation is needed, a discussion can be held with our People Operations department.
** A note from Truss: We know you’re likely experiencing a lot of disruption as our nation (and our world) responds to COVID-19 and other events – we’re experiencing it, too. During video interviews, you’ll likely see more of our human side. Family members, partners, kids, and pets are home with some of us! We promise to be present and engaged, but we may be a little…harried. It’s OK if you are, too – we understand that everyone is experiencing extra stress right now. If you have any questions along the way, please let us know, and stay healthy and safe. **