Tanium (501+ Employees, 59% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Senior Cloud Security Software Engineer will work along side the Cloud Threat Detection and Incident Response Team (TDIR) to build and maintain systems at scale for Tanium's Cloud’s threat detection and response engineering in Azure Commercial Cloud and AWS. These systems will be enabling SecDataOps for protecting and defending Tanium’s cloud services by creating events and alerts from internal raw logs and data, automating the mundane detections and response, creating advanced and novel detection mechanisms, and accelerating investigations for threats against Tanium’s cloud services.
A successful candidate will have experience designing, developing, testing, and deploying security products and services from the ground up, while iterating with security engineers for feedback and input, drawing upon cloud automation and cross functional partnerships to create scalable and resilient security operational capabilities.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain Tanium's cloud security products and services as part of agile development team
- Collaborate with cloud engineering software, service, and security engineering teams to develop scalable solutions for detecting threat actors
- Build cloud-native, scalable solutions to extract, analyze, and transform logs, events, and data from Tanium's cloud products and services to create structured security events and alerts for signs of malicious activity for detection and response.
- Paired directly with threat detection and incident response operators for Tanium's cloud for reducing human toil for detection and response efforts.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT or other relevant degree or equivalent work experience
- In accordance with Department of Defense requirements, applicants for this role must be a U.S. citizen, national, or resident pursuant to 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) and 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
- 5+ years of industry experience, 2+ years building systems with security operations teams
- Experience designing and building high-impact, high-performance, secure, scalable, observable, supportable, and maintainable backend data and event services and APIs
- 3+ years of experience building security software on Linux and Kubernetes with Azure (preferred) and/or AWS cloud service providers
- Proficiency in at least Python or Golang
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi)
- Experience with building and operating SIEM (i.e. Splunk, ELK, etc.) or cloud-based security analytics tools (e.g., Athena, Jupyter Notebook, etc.) for cloud detection and response
- Experience designing and building defense-in-depth security monitoring to aid in detection, triage, analysis, and response
- Working with industry security and risks standards (e.g. FedRAMP Moderate, PCI DSS, SOC2, ISO 27001, CIS Benchmark) for sensitive data protections
Tanium, the industry’s only provider of converged endpoint management (XEM), leads the paradigm shift in legacy approaches to managing complex security and technology environments. Only Tanium protects every team, endpoint, and workflow from cyber threats by integrating IT, Operations, Security, and Risk into a single platform that delivers comprehensive visibility across devices, a unified set of controls, and a common taxonomy for a single shared purpose: to protect critical information and infrastructure at scale. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for six consecutive years and ranks on Fortune’s list of the Best Large Workplaces in Technology. In fact, more than half of the Fortune 100 and the U.S. armed forces trust Tanium to protect people; defend data; secure systems; and see and control every endpoint, team, and workflow everywhere. That’s the power of certainty. Visit www.tanium.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
u200bu200bu200bu200bu200bu200bu200bAt Tanium, the health and safety of our employees and the community are our top priority. In our effort to control the spread of Covid-19, Tanium requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 as of their start date, to the extent allowed by applicable law. If you are unable to get the Covid-19 vaccine due to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief, Tanium will engage in the interactive process and consider requests for an accommodation.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.