Confluent (501+ Employees, 110% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to join the Confluent Legal Team! In this role you will be supporting the Americas Enterprise Sales Team. The ideal candidate for this role will have significant experience with SaaS contracts and supporting a sales organization.
What You Will Do:
- Primary support of Confluent’s Enterprise Sales organization
- Structuring, drafting, and negotiating complex commercial agreements
- Negotiating various privacy addendum agreements and security terms
- Work on a variety of cutting-edge projects to help our department scale, grow and be more efficient
- Training and interacting with Sales, third party partners and customers
- Partner with cross-functional teams
- Solve issues related to complex commercial transactions
- Be an independent worker and thought leader
What You Will Bring:
- 10+ years of experience in technology transactions
- Specific experience negotiating SaaS subscription agreements, license and support agreements, and cloud services agreements with large enterprise customers
- Experience with open source licensing and business models
- Experience working cross-functionally with internal organizations to resolve questions and concerns
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to use sound judgment to address complex issues while maintaining an appropriate balance between legal and business requirements
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with demanding internal clients, work independently with minimal supervision, and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced startup environment
- True team player
- Familiarity technical concepts in Web applications and a willingness to learn new technical applications
- License to practice in one or more states
- Undergraduate degree and law degree
What Gives You an Edge:
- DPA and BAA negotiation experience
- Highly responsive and service-oriented attitude
- Growth Mindset
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.