Atlassian (501+ Employees, 122% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
We’re looking for a talented commercial transactions attorney to join our Commercial Legal team! As a member this team, you will draft and negotiate a variety of outbound contracts with Atlassian’s enterprise customers. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and support strategic transactions for Atlassian.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Become a member of our growing team of individuals in our Legal team supporting Atlassian’s go-to-market team.
- Provide pragmatic, business-minded guidance on contract-related issues. We’re not looking for academic analysis!
- Partner with our Go-To-Market team, as well as our Privacy, Security, Finance and Product teams, to drive customer deals to execution and design scalable processes for implementation.
- Negotiate enterprise cloud and license agreements for Atlassian’s products and services.
- Develop support materials and provide trainings to educate our direct sales and channel teams on contract terms and other legal issues.
- Assist with special projects as needed, including projects designed to expand the market for Atlassian’s cloud products.
- You take ownership, roll up your sleeves, and get things done
- You build relationships with business stakeholders to strengthen the connection between our team and the business
- You bring empathy and understanding to your conversations with customers, seeking to find a path forward that balances company risk and customer needs
- You enjoy getting deals done, while managing customer risk
- You effectively navigate a decentralized and complex organization spread across the globe
- You have a strong understanding of software technology and cloud services, associated business models, and technology industry trends
- You think creatively beyond the “legal” box to generate possible solutions and options for the business, clearly articulating risk-based recommendations
- You effectively communicate with the business and customers to help them understand and follow the rules and parameters imposed by laws
- Qualification to practice law in your local jurisdiction
- 7+ years of experience as a transactional lawyer with at least 4+ years experience in cloud services and software licensing agreements
- Experience driving balanced solutions that scale, advance Atlassian’s business, and meet customer needs
- Strong familiarity with common issues that arise in commercial negotiations, including data protection, IP, security and revenue recognition topics
- Passion for understanding our customers, products, culture, and business model
- Excellent judgment and strong communication skills
- Ability to handle competing priorities in a dynamic environment
- Willingness to handle new areas of responsibility
- Management experience is a plus!
More about you:
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .