Square (501+ Employees, 60% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Block is looking for a Senior Compensation Partner to support its growing population and work with HR, Talent Acquisition, the Total Rewards team and Finance to ensure our compensation programs are operating effectively.
As a Senior Compensation Partner, you will work with various business partners and recruiters on new solutions to ensure that compensation is aligned with talent, simple and competitive.
- Partner with leaders across the People Team and the Square organization to improve upon the existing compensation strategy
- Assist with planning and communicating compensation philosophy and programs to recruiters, HR partners, and business leaders to help answer questions and help evaluate job levels and other general comp inquiries
- Develop compensation metrics, reports, and tools to inform compensation program decisions and forecast or report on compensation outcomes
- Implement systems and processes to scale compensation programs across the organization
- Participate in the development, management, and execution of compensation programs such as annual reviews and promotions
- Manage inbound compensation data requests from key stakeholders (HR, Talent, Finance, Payroll, Stock Admin, Legal)
- Conduct market research and analysis to drive insights and recommendations while ensuring fairness and consistency in our daily compensation operations
- Partner on special compensation projects (e.g., process improvement, policy implementation, analytics)
- 6 years of experience in compensation, consulting, or related field
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team, conduct research, create and present conclusions regarding business issues
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills to communicate and explain compensation philosophy, program design, and recommendations effectively
- Excellent prioritization skills and attention to detail; you thrive in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing business needs
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present complex models in a simple and clear manner.
- Experience leading presentations to executive teams and company-wide audiences
- Experience in one or more of the following compensation disciplines: salary and incentive plan design and administration, international compensation, equity compensation, executive pay
- Experience building compensation systems, managing projects, and scaling processes with company growth
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.
We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. So we’re building easy tools to empower and enrich people. Tools that shorten the distance between having an idea and making a living from it—because we believe in fair and square. We started with a little white card reader but haven’t stopped there. Our new reader helps our sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments, our Cash app lets people send money instantly, and we’re building easy tools for customers, too. We’re empowering the electrician to send invoices, setting up the food truck with a delivery option, helping the clothing boutique pay its employees, and giving the coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.