10up (201-500 Employees, 34% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Senior Content Designer
EXPERIENCE DESIGN UX DESIGN
10up is an award-winning full-service digital agency with a customer-centric service model and unrivaled leadership in open platforms and tools for digital makers and content creators. 10up’s services include user experience and interactive design, content strategy and creation, website and app engineering, SEO and online revenue strategy, and managed services. Our 250+ distributed team members provide end-to-end digital project expertise.
10up has a diverse client roster that includes Fortune 500 companies, influential content publishers, innovative startups, and impactful nonprofits. We’ve worked with some of the biggest names in the industry, such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, Starbucks, ESPN, The New York Times Co., and Walmart.
10up has been leading the remote workforce movement for 10+ years. Our teams are distributed across six continents and 29 countries. All of our positions are fully remote (and always will be), and are open to applicants all around the world.
Senior Content Designers at 10up are responsible for content production work, research and testing, consultation, and strategic deliverables on mid- to large-scale projects of varied complexity. They draw on a deep grab bag of time-tested content activities and deliverables, but are also able to craft bespoke approaches when the need arises. Qualified candidates should have experience working in an agency or similar environment and must be experienced in navigating the varied demands of clients, budgets, and timelines.
This role is fully remote and is open to applicants located anywhere around the globe.
- Demonstrate that effective content design considers not only editorial and experiential elements, but process and structure as well
- Lead / co-lead workshops and discussions with peers and stakeholders, ensuring alignment around actionable business goals and validated user insights
- Demonstrate content design’s impact by educating peers and stakeholders on the purpose and value of proposed content work, and communicating rationale for content decisions
- Conduct content and/or audience testing and research, and be comfortable owning the process from proposal and planning to synthesis and application
- Perform content inventories and audits, driving content disposition efforts
- Document and evaluate basic to moderately complex content ecosystems, identifying opportunities, risks, and gaps
- Define content structures (e.g. information architecture, taxonomies, content models, content relationship diagrams, etc.) and processes (e.g. editorial and publishing workflows, governance models, collaboration tools, delivery strategies, etc.)
- Lead content production efforts, including copywriting, copy editing, onboarding content contributors, and creating content briefs and copy decks
- Lead or collaborate on the establishment of editorial style and standards
- Collaborate with UX, visual design, and engineering on design deliverables, prototypes, and production-ready web experiences
- Consult on client content operations, governance, and globalization strategies
- Consistently and proactively build long-term and highly productive working relationships across disciplines at 10up and with our clients
- 3+ years experience in content design, content marketing, content strategy, UX design, UX writing, or similar field
- Strong communication (written and verbal), active listening, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable ability to consistently estimate work accurately
- Portfolio of impactful work and the ability to articulate what made it successful (or not)
- Collaborative, self-motivated, always-learning spirit
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced, digital agency environment across multiple work groups and with multiple concurrent projects
Nice to Have
- Experience with WordPress as a platform (including custom post types, taxonomies, and use of WordPress beyond typical blog use cases), or similar experience with a different CMS plus some familiarity with WordPress
- A UX design or UX writing background
- Experience working with enterprise-level clients
- Remote work experience #LI-Remote
- The correct opinion of the Oxford comma
Things to Note
- We don’t want you to miss any communication from us! To ensure you receive updates on your application, please add [email protected] to your contacts list! If you aren’t sure about how to do that, here’s a guide that might be helpful.
10up has been making the web better by finely crafting websites and tools for content creators since 2011. With ~200 experts in digital strategy and management, software engineering, user experience and interactive design, cloud infrastructure, and audience and revenue optimization; we’re big enough to conquer any challenge, and small enough to care. 10up is committed to the ideal of a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming anyone and everyone who shares and lives our core business values. We look forward to connecting with you!