We are looking for a *REMOTE* content manager who can own and manage all content deliverables for our corporate clients. The majority of the content will be focused on financial services and the type of content ranges from educational pieces (i.e. seminars, white papers) and marketing assets (i.e. flyers, banners) to email sequences and event collateral (i.e. displays, brochures). You will be working across mediums including Powerpoint Presentations (content only, no design), Web, Print, Social Media, and others.
We are looking for someone who shares our passion for translating complex personal finance concepts and product information into engaging, easy-to-consume collateral for a wide variety of audiences, including employees, novice investors, and young inheritors.
You will be responsible for managing a small team of remote writers and ensuring that all content deliverables meet the high standard our clients have come to expect from us. Your role will include reviewing and copy-editing the work of others, as well as copy-writing pieces yourself when necessary. In some instances, you may be asked to find, vet and onboard new writers depending on client demand. This includes translating client requests into creative briefs and delegating to the appropriate team member.
We work in an agile capacity so some months will be busier than others, but we expect you to be responsive and efficient in your working style. We appreciate a “can do” attitude and frequent, candid communication. This position is remote, so you have to be a self-starter who is able to move forward independently with limited direction at times. You must feel comfortable in a client-facing capacity, providing content direction and updates to Fortune 500 clients over video or phone calls. Above all, we are looking for someone with the energy, passion and flexibility to execute effectively in a small-team environment, while maintaining an unwavering commitment to the bigger picture and the purpose behind the task at hand.
- Manage content calendar(s)
- Build and manage a team of remote writers
- Assign content deliverables to the appropriate writer
- Develop, refine and update content strategies for new projects or campaigns
- Conduct research to ensure facts, quotes, etc. are properly cited
- Adapt or edit existing content for new purposes or mediums
- Coordinate with designers to ensure copy is properly reflected and translated
- Interface with clients and clearly articulate objectives for content, source feedback, and provide thoughtful rationale behind recommendations
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in marketing, journalism and/or communications but not necessary)
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role (or in freelance capacity).
- Experience working in a remote capacity.
- Experience writing for financial services.
- Experience writing copy for a broad range of mediums: PPT, social media, email, print, web.
- Experience managing a team of writers
- Interest in contributing to overall creative strategy as well as executing against it.
- Organized and works well in (occasionally) unstructured environments.
- Self-motivated contributor who is a great communicator, positive and collaborative.
- Project management skills.
- Experience leading client calls with corporate or Fortune 2000 clients.
- Bonus: familiar with Asana, Google Docs, or other equivalent project management tools.
TBD. We are open to a range of options, but in the near-term this role will likely be in a contractor capacity. After a trial period of ~3 months, we can discuss shifting to a part- or full-time role with benefits.
Competitive with industry benchmarks for top tier content managers.