Podium (501+ Employees, 69% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Podium exists to help local businesses win. Using Podium’s technology, local businesses are able to simplify the way they build their business and modernize the way they communicate with their customers – from collecting payments, facilitating online reviews, launching marketing campaigns, and much more.
Our work and focus on local business and helping them to build thriving businesses has been recognized across the industry, including Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies. For more about our product, watch this video. Podium has a positive, inclusive, and supportive culture and was recently named one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces for 2021 (4 years in a row). We look for people who are curious, creative and are willing to do the work to be a little better every day. We also embody our company values in all that we do, which always starts with being Customer Obsessed, followed by Be a Founder, Zero Drama, and Enjoy the Ride.
Podium is looking for a full-time Senior Corporate Paralegal. This position will focus on governance, subsidiary management, securities filings, litigation, and other corporate and compliance matters. You will work cross-functionally with Finance, Tax, Accounting, HR, and others throughout the organization, both domestic and international. In this role, you’ll report to the General Counsel and will work across the company in a highly visible role supporting a small legal team in a number of areas.
What you will be doing:
- Maintain corporate records for the parent entity and assist with preparation and organization of board and committee materials, including preparation of proposed resolutions, minutes, presentations, and other materials.
- Form and manage domestic and international subsidiaries, including maintenance of corporate books and records, annual reports/filings, and collaborating with Tax, Finance, and HR departments on subsidiary matters.
- Assist in preparation of securities filing and related matters.
- Provide support on employee equity and related matters, including capitalization table related matters and transfer agreements.
- Establish and manage internal corporate processes, including maintenance of corporate records and databases and implementation of policies.
- Work on special corporate projects, as needed.
- Assist in conducting investigations and lead document collection and production efforts related to pre-litigation matters, filed lawsuits, and third party subpoenas.
- Support or drive case management such as workflows, task lists, status updates, timing, and overall case organization.
- Respond to law enforcement requests.
General Legal Department Support
- Liaise with internal and external counsel on a regular basis.
- Work in tandem with Legal Ops to onboard outside counsel, provide procedural guidance to law firms, and manage outside counsel guidelines.
- Facilitate execution and payment of invoices and agreements.
- Assist in developing, updating, and tracking budget projections for the Legal department.
What you should have:
- You are a high performer who is flexible and adaptable.
- You are someone who loves to learn, operates with a high degree of integrity, and exercises discretion in handling confidential information.
- You are collaborative, with excellent organization and communication skills.
- You have a strong track record of effective cross-functional partnership with lawyers and non-lawyers to align on quick, creative solutions.
- You have experience and working knowledge of a mix of private and public company corporate governance and securities matters such as Reg D filings, Blue Sky laws, and Section 16 filings.
- 7+ years of corporate paralegal experience, including experience at high-growth public and private tech companies.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Open and transparent culture
- Awesome opportunities for career growth
- 401k with a competitive matching contribution plan
- Unlimited Vacation (yes, we want you to have a work-life balance)
- Great medical, dental, vision benefits
- A stellar onsite gym with local professional coaches, morning and night classes offered
- Life insurance, long and short-term disability coverage
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Weekly free lunch, breakfast and smoothies
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.