Snackpass is a social takeout app that lets users order ahead at their favorite restaurants and get discounts with friends. We’ve gone viral on college campuses by helping our users save time, save money, and connect with friends, all while driving new and repeat business to restaurants. Snackpass is a startup backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, General Catalyst and First Round Capital, the same firms who invested in Square, Uber and Airbnb.
We are looking for a senior data engineer to lead the foundation of data at Snackpass. As Snackpass’s first data engineer, you will be asked to work with leadership to set the vision for the future of data engineering at Snackpass, with the goal of supporting and enabling Snackpass’s data team. You will both build data pipelines and expand our data infrastructure. Additionally, you will be the gatekeeper for data quality at Snackpass.
LI-Remote. This is a REMOTE position.
On a typical day you might…
- Build ETL processes with Python and Apache Airflow
- Create data models to underpin our inference and analytics infrastructure
- Build pipelines to efficiently serve data to production inference services
- Write data quality tests to monitor the integrity of operation-critical data sources
- 5+ years of industry experience as a data engineer
- 5+ years of each of the following:
- Python development experience
- SQL Experience
- Experience with workflow management engines such as Apache AirFlow (strong preference for AirFlow, but others may suffice)
- Custom ETL Design, Maintenance, and Implementation
- Experience with automated data quality testing
- Experience with data warehouses such as Google BigQuery or AWS Redshift
- Exposure and experience to high quality data engineering orgs, you know what we need to build to scale our data infrastructure for the future
- BA/BS in a quantitative field
- Experience designing and implementing real-time pipelines
- Experience working with NoSQL data and databases such as MongoDB
- Experience with SQL performance tuning and E2E process optimization
- Experience with anomaly/outlier detection
- Experience with analytics tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Experience with Segment
-Health, dental & vision insurance
-Unlimited paid time off
-12 paid holidays
Diversity & Inclusion:
Snackpass is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.