At Samba TV, we are on a mission to fundamentally change television viewing for everyone. We are doing this by leveraging our data to enable advertisers to engage and measure TV viewers across all their devices. We have an amazing story with a unique perspective formed by innovative technology.
We are looking for a passionate Data Scientist to lead our market facing efforts articulating the major cultural shifts happening across the media landscape today. The world’s largest media companies and the most respected brands are turning to Samba TV to understand how consumer behavior is shifting in today’s streaming environment. Media outlets rely upon Samba TV data to better understand how viewership patterns are shifting across the fragmented media landscape and across varied demographic groups. As the technical lead for data analysis supporting market facing efforts, this role will interface between the Marketing Insights team and Technology organization, working closely with Directors of Communication and Data Science/Engineering to leverage the immense data Samba TV has on the TV landscape today to shape a clearer understanding of the future of consumer engagement and the broader cultural implications that result from how and what we consume on television today.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned communicator with strong analytical skills and experience with statistical programming languages to derive insights from large datasets. They will creatively apply quantitative and qualitative methods to solve business problems. They will love helping to tell compelling data driven stories about everything from the Super Bowl to the future of the Marvel and Star Wars franchises. This is a highly visible role working cross functionally to build new capabilities helping media companies and advertisers grow their businesses while telling game changing stories that only Samba TV’s data can provide.
- Collect and analyze various sources of data, including Samba TV’s viewership data, to derive insights for marketing initiatives
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing Insights and Technology to explain current capabilities and needs and to inform roadmap planning
- Develop novel analyses and methodologies to expand Samba TV’s marketing and reporting capabilities
- Effectively communicate data-driven results and recommendations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders-From time to time serve as public spokesperson for data stories
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of relevant experience is preferred
- Experience using statistics and other quantitative methodologies to analyze large amounts of data in a programming language such as Python, SQL, Matlab, or R-Experience with visualizing and presenting data to stakeholders with a wide range of technical depths
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to communicate complex ideas to people of varying backgrounds
- Possess effective project and time management skills to deliver insights quickly in a fast-moving media environment
- Passion for current cultural moments and a deep interest in using data to tell compelling stories about the future direction of media.
Samba TV is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We strive to empower connection with one another, reflect the communities we serve, and tackle meaningful projects that make a real impact.