Microsoft (501+ Employees, 20% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Microsoft, we believe in the transformational power of design. Innovation only happens when we really make things simple and fluid, and we focus on helping every person and organization to achieve more. Businesses of all sizes are undergoing one of the most profound changes in history: the digital transformation. Azure Internet of Things (IoT) is core to the digital transformation. IoT is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as an industry leader. We are driving positive change by helping businesses to achieve more, helping them securely connect and manage physical assets and environments at any scale, and enabling customers using Microsoft and Microsoft Partner solutions to gain new insights and act on that data. By the end of the decade, Azure IoT will support a commanding share of the 50 billion IoT devices predicted to be online.
The Azure IoT Research and Design team is looking for a Senior Designer to solve complex needs with clarity and simplicity. You’re a motivated, creative interaction designer who’s obsessed with understanding customers, beautifully clear experiences, and the unlimited potential of the cloud. You’ll work closely with an interdisciplinary team of designers, researchers, product managers, and engineers to deliver the next generation of experiences for Microsoft Azure. You bring your skills to your fellow design collaborators with optimism and an open mind.
In our team, we believe in the power of inclusion, diversity of ideas, work / life balance, and the joy of solving challenging problems. We help large enterprises use Azure however and wherever they need it: in the cloud, on the edge, all at huge scale. We strive for a collaborative culture where everyone can flourish and innovate, including in our own approaches to the ever-changing global climate.
Join us, and you’ll be a part of a passionate community of UX professionals, working on one of the most exciting and fastest growing products at Microsoft!
As a senior designer on our team, you’ll deliver design and innovation through multiple facets of the design process, including sketching, prototyping, storyboarding, information architecture, interaction design, and usability. You’ll use and contribute to Azure design patterns. You’ll work iteratively, scoping and prioritizing work across multiple projects. And most of all, you’ll be an advocate for the customer and champion industry-leading, inclusive, and human-centered design practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design (e.g., user experience, HCI, graphic) or equivalent professional experience
- 7+ years of industry experience in interactive design, product, or user experience design.
- Proven record of having an impact on systems of products with design and user experience activities.
- Comfortable and enthusiastic about working in a complex product space with ambiguous challenges.
- Fluent in current design tools (Figma, Adobe CC, etc.).
- A high-quality portfolio and presentation are critical to interview for this role. It should communicate your work experience, and be an example of your design and communication skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills that drive compelling conversations and clear design presentations.
- Ability to create a variety of design artifacts that elegantly convey ideas, workflows, and concepts.
- Ability to work independently through ambiguous situations, and in undefined product areas and features.
- Ability to scope and estimate efforts accurately and prioritize tasks and goals independently.
We’re a fast-growing team and we want people who bring all kinds of experience to the table. If our list of qualifications doesn’t quite match yours, don’t let that discourage you. Apply anyway! We want talented, passionate designers to help point the way to the future of computing. If that’s you, let’s go.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Savings and investments
- Giving programs
- Educational resources
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
- Generous time away