Fauna / FaunaDB (51-200 Employees, 43% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Fauna is a distributed document-relational database delivered as a cloud API. With Fauna, developers can simplify code, reduce costs, and ship applications faster by replacing their database infrastructure with a highly productive and programmable data API that combines the power of custom business logic with the ease of GraphQL. The underlying globally distributed storage and compute engine is fast, consistent, and reliable, with a modern security infrastructure. Itself a serverless offering, Fauna is quick to get started with and lets developers experience freedom from database operations at any scale.
We're disrupting a $60B+ operational database market, growing quickly, and looking to hire, develop and empower the best! You’ll be working with a talented team of people who have built highly successful companies and globally-distributed systems at companies such as AWS, Google, Microsoft, Okta, Oracle, Cloudera, MongoDB, NewRelic and Twitter.
Our Marketing team sets product positioning and Go-to-market strategy, manages product launches, and gathers customer insights. We’re responsible for maximizing our products' potential, in order to delight our users and help Fauna grow. We partner with teams across the company, including Product, Sales, and Engineering.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Developer Advocate with a passion for cloud infrastructure technology and databases. As the Senior Developer Advocate for Fauna, you’ll be part of a dynamic group of technologists passionate about helping developers take advantage of Fauna’s Database Platform. In this role, you’ll build on your technical and communication skills to create awareness and inspire developers to use Fauna. You’ll be the subject matter expert speaking in developer events, stream services, social media, podcast or any place where developers can be found. You’ll write engaging and interactive content that helps to share our message with the developer community and at the same time, you’ll advocate on behalf of our developers internally to help expand the functionality of the Fauna Database Platform to meet their needs. This is a dynamic, cross-functional role with a high level of interaction with the developer community. If you feel energized by working as a team and rewarded by the feeling of transmitting knowledge to others or simply enjoy engaged and passionate conversations with developers about solving problems, technology, and APIs, this role is definitely for you.
What You Will Do:
- Own technical content and enablement describing product vision, features, solutions, comparisons, how-to guides and training material to support a self-serve buyer’s journey.
- Share your expertise and passion by speaking at events, conducting training sessions, and authoring technical content for developers across our blogs, stream services, social media.
- Collaborate on technical enablement materials for developers, including how-to guides, reference architectures, code samples, and training material.
- Develop and execute strategy to engage and grow our developer community across online forums – including Fauna Forums, Stack Overflow, GitHub, and Twitter – as well as through in person meetups, trainings, and events.
- Support demand generation, sales, customer success and developer relations teams in articulating Fauna’s product vision based on our positioning framework.
- Support our PR efforts by translating technical vision into thought leadership and communications tailored to our strategic campaigns.
What You Will Bring:
- Team player able to work under minimal supervision and a high sense of ownership.
- Able to think outside of the box, not afraid of trying new things, and wearing multiple hats.
- Passion for building mindshare via content, with a metrics-driven approach to execution.
- A technical degree and 4+ years as a technical marketing/developer marketing for databases or equivalent experience as developer relations, product marketing or consulting.
- Hands-on experience in creating technical content in various formats such as articles, blogs, white papers, demo videos, technical comparisons etc.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, with examples of work that demonstrates your command of grammar, and constructs for technical writing, copywriting, and editing.
- Creativity, opinions, curiosity, wit, humor, and a sense of collaboration in your creative process.
- Passion for public speaking experience and desire to present in webinars, small and large groups, meetups and conferences.
- Demonstrated engagement on Twitter, Twitch, Dev.to and other developer-centric channels.
Nice to Have:
- A strong technical background in databases and the modern development ecosystem (APIs, Microservices, Serverless, Jamstack, GraphQL).
Fauna is a well-funded, high growth startup with the mission to make working with operational data productive, scalable and secure for every software team. We're backed by Madrona Ventures, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Addition Capital, CRV, and many Silicon Valley angel investors.
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with remote employee presence throughout the Americas and Europe we embrace a remote first culture and offer employees the flexibility of work locations depending on their geography. In exchange for your hard work and contributions, Fauna provides you with an exceptional compensation, equity package, and benefits package.
Building a great company requires talented, passionate, and committed team members. We are relentless in pursuing our mission while working together as one team aligned by our core principles. If you are that type of person who is excited by those pursuits, we want to hear from you!
Fauna is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our company is committed to fair hiring practices, and building a diverse environment for our employees. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Talent Acquisition Team at Fauna works primarily on a direct sourcing model; Fauna does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, directly to hiring managers, or any of our employees.