Velir (51-200 Employees, 10% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
*Please note: To be considered for this role, candidates need to have experience producing and managing websites. This role does not include Content / Video / Broadcast production. Please apply accordingly*
The Client Services division of Velir is responsible for managing relationships and advocating for client needs. The group supervises the pursuit of contracts, deployment of consulting resources, and ultimately holds responsibility for the success of projects. Members of the Client Services team work to become true partners of their client counterparts through deep parallel understanding of their clients’ businesses and their needs, as well as web capabilities and Velir’s services.
Why You Should Join
We strive to provide a sensible working environment that endorses healthy work hours, and we offer flexible remote work options. We have a progressive parental leave policy, offer paid volunteer days, and vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups. If you’re from a background that’s underrepresented in tech, we’d particularly love to meet you.
- Coordinate medium to large projects
- With minimal oversight from Account Director and VPs of Client Services, monitor progress on deliverables including designs, wireframes, strategy and development deliverables
- Run and coordinate internal meetings such as planning sessions, stand-ups etc.
- Directly assist and possibly lead client kick offs, major project handoffs, and play a key role in project closure
- With minimal oversight, create project plans, coordinate UAT and release management
- Develop project meeting schedules, maintain status of project, and monitor daily activities of team members
- Coordinate and facilitate the accomplishment of task milestones across multiple work groups
- Own communication of project status to the team and stakeholders from Discovery to Deployment
- Identify resourcing risks and proposed solutions against project timeline, budget, and quality indicators
- Work closely with Business Systems Analysts, Senior Developers, Designers, User Experience Engineers, and Clients to translate requirements into project plan tasks and dependencies
- Foster teamwork and a spirit of collaboration among team members and business partners through facilitation best practices and tending to group dynamics
- Monitor the time tracking of all projects in portfolio
- Identify and suggest solutions for project issues, and work closely with Account Director and/or VP to resolve
- Identify and employ appropriate escalations paths
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of project management experience working in an agency, consulting or related field is preferred
- Experience facilitating enterprise level projects with teams of 7+ people, including but not limited to multi-agency projects and vendors
- Practical/foundational experience in PM methodologies and practices including: full life-cycle web CMS development, Web Design and Agile
- Applied experience in software development lifecycle
- Proficiency using MS Project, issue management tools
- Experience with CMS (Sitecore, Adobe AEM, Drupal) and web technologies a plus
- Excellent communication, influencing, and organizational skills with a desire to continue to grow these skills
- An attitude that sees possibility as well as any limitations that leans toward a can-do approach
- Frequent sitting at a desk performing work on a computer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Occasional domestic travel will be required
Core Company Values
Velir is an established mid-sized agency with a top-tier portfolio of clients, ranging from the world’s largest non-profits to Fortune 500 brands. We pride ourselves on our people-first culture and a low-ego workplace that embraces experimentation, collaboration and continuous improvement. We offer flexible work locations and offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
- Take the Long View – Ensure the company is built to last
- Be Courageous – Make the right decisions even when they aren’t the easiest decisions
- Be Genuine – Bring honesty and authenticity to all that you do
- Work with Focus + Passion – Display purpose and pride in your work and never stop learning
At this time, Velir does not sponsor candidates and unfortunately cannot accept those on OPT or CPT