About Swing Left
Swing Left is a national grassroots organization working to elect Democrats up and down the ballot. We make it possible for anyone to make a big impact on the elections that determine the balance of power in our country, by volunteering and donating in key races. Since our founding in 2017, the Swing Left community has raised $38 million directly for Democratic candidates and civic organizations, and completed 35 million volunteer-driven voter contact actions, including door knocking, phone calls, and letter writing.
The Senior Director, Partnerships is responsible for building and leading a comprehensive partnership strategy that is applied to and adjusted for multiple entities and brands. The Senior Director, Partnerships will build collaborative partnerships through managing complex and multifaceted relationships with national and local partners. In this role this individual will work closely across multiple departments to define a growth strategy for strategic partnerships, analyze partner initiatives, and report on key metrics. This role reports to the Head of Political Strategy and is an at-will position that we anticipate will end after the 2022 election cycle, with the possibility of extension into the 2024 election cycle.
- Create a long term plan for partnerships that is mutually beneficial to both our organization and the organizations/partners we work with
- Collaborate with the Political Strategy team, other departments, and affiliates, to understand internal stakeholder needs and goals, generate partner leads, identify partnership opportunities, and deliver beneficial and complementary partnerships
- Manage and build a portfolio of national and local partnerships to generate goodwill, and advancement of the Swing Left, and its affiliates, strategy
- Identify where partnership approaches need to be adjusted or adapted for and implement changes while ensuring a cohesive strategy
- Develop and implement partnership communications tailored to each partner to “pitch” their participation in relevant aspects of the partnership strategy
- Assess and establish partnership needs and provide strategic coordination with partners to interface with various actions and programs
- Create and lead engagement and outreach plan for new and existing partnerships
- Represent Swing Left and its affiliates with partner organizations in meetings, calls, events, etc.
- Design and establish partnership coalitions for progressive organizations to participate in and identify partner-led coalitions for Swing Left and its affiliates to participate in
- Collaborate across departments to promote partnership organizations and identify areas of collaboration with partner organizations
- Identify opportunities to undertake projects (e.g. new product development or marketing efforts) that would strengthen partner relationships, and collaborate on such projects
Successful Senior Director, Partnerships candidates will have
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to racial and social justice, as well as experience working effectively with different constituencies
- Experience cultivating partnership opportunities, including experience working with PACs, nonprofits, and corporations
- Significant experience managing multi-faceted programs and direct experience working with external partners
- Knowledge and understanding of the political landscape and dynamics, progressive movement, and electoral politics
- Knowledge of 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) organizations
- Existing relationships with political partners
- Ability to work cross-functionally within a political organization and its affiliates
- High attention to detail and ability to prioritize and organize multiple, discrete workstreams
- Strong management skills and experience, both strategic and operational
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Working at Swing Left
The Senior Director, Partnerships position is a full-time, remote position. The salary range for this position is $90,000 – $110,000 annually. In addition to health, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, Swing Left’s benefits package includes a professional development fund, a remote work fund, and a technology stipend for all employees. We are happy to answer any questions you have about our benefits, parental leave policies and other, similar benefits in interviews.
We are an equal opportunity employer and seek applications from all qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
We believe that the GOP’s bad behavior disproportionately hurts the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, people with disabilities, women and LGBTQ people. As we seek to build both a political system and organization that represents and uplifts these voices, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities and members of other marginalized communities.