Founded by Christian Haigh & Eva Shang in 2016, Legalist sits at the forefront of AI-enabled legal-asset finance. Backed by YCombinator, Refactor Capital & other Silicon Valley investors, we utilize cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology to invest in litigation-related situations. We use public court records and statistical analysis to invest in impending lawsuits by providing capital to lawyers & plaintiffs who need it most. Legalist currently manages over $200M across multiple legal asset strategies.
As Legalist continues to grow, we are looking for talented innovators to further build out our product, engineering, & investment teams. Start a conversation with us & join us in the journey of driving the future of legal assets.
We are now looking to add a Senior Engineer to our growing tech team. You’ll work closely with our other engineers to build and ship key features. You’ll directly influence our entire tech stack, from standards to frameworks to architecture. We’re looking for people who will naturally take ownership of data products and who can bring a project all the way from fast prototype to production.
- Contribute towards improving Legalist’s internal data processing tools and frameworks.
- Build tools to extract data from various sources to enrich the data that we collect – we ingest a lot of data!
- Collaborate with teammates to design data pipelines and APIs, seeking and offering feedback along the way.
- A love for technology, API’s, and an insatiable curiosity for tackling problems
- 4+ years of experience object-oriented language – Python (preferred)
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with a variety of databases
- Experience with cloud environments like GCP, AWS, as well as cloud solutions like Kubernetes, Docker, etc
- A background in creating scalable and custom scraping jobs using Scrapy, Nutch or something similar.
Even better if you have, but not necessary:
- Experience in areas relevant to data engineering, including data management, custom ETL design and data modeling.
- Hands-on experience in architecture, design and development of enterprise data solutions that enables well integrated operational, BI and analytical platforms.
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision
- Annual Company Retreat
- Twelve paid vacation days plus ten bankable federal holidays
Note: Remote / US Visa Sponsorship Available