YipitData (201-500 Employees, 189% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
YipitData is the leading market research firm for the disruptive economy, and recently raised up to $475M from The Carlyle Group at a valuation over $1B.
We analyze billions of data points every day to provide accurate, detailed insights on ridesharing, e-commerce marketplaces, payments and more. Our on-demand insights team uses proprietary technology to identify, license, clean and analyze the data many of the world’s largest investment funds and corporations depend on.
We are one of Inc’s Best Workplaces – a fast-growing technology company with offices in NYC (where we are based in), Hong Kong, and Shanghai, backed by Norwest Venture Partners and The Carlyle Group with a strong culture focused on mastery, ownership, and transparency.
About the Engineering Department:
We want to be the best in the world at using data to answer questions, and we're committed to building scalable systems for ingesting, analyzing, and creating value from data.
We are proud to run a small and efficient engineering department (under 40 people). We invest heavily in standardization, building development tools, and peer-to-peer training to maximize our engineers' impact and let them focus on what is most important to their teams.
We're proud of our engineering culture, offer a good work/life balance, and we have a very high employee retention rate. Our average engineer tenure was 5 years before our 2021 new hires! Check out some of our work at https://medium.com/yipitdata-engineering
About The Role:
We’re looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead our Analysts Tools team. This team of engineers develops a suite of tools empowering our 100+ YipitData analysts to ingest and organize data, automate client-facing deliverables, and power APIs to make our data available everywhere. This work allows us to generate and deliver insights to over 300 major investment funds, Fortune 500’s, and fast-growth startups in near real-time.
This is a remote-friendly opportunity that can sit in NYC (where our headquarter is located), one of our office hubs (Austin, Miami, Denver, Mountain View, or Seattle), or anywhere else in the US (we expect the majority overlap with Eastern work hours). However, depending upon where the remote work is performed, income could be subject to New York State tax withholding. Please note that we pay NYC-based salaries for US roles regardless of where employees choose to work.
As a Senior Engineering Manager you will:
- Hire a technical lead to work alongside you.
- Grow the technical expertise of the team and support it.
- Develop and execute both short- and long-term roadmaps. Effectively balance business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation.
- Collaborate closely with engineers and product stakeholders to drive the technical strategy for the team.
- Implement a project management strategy, ensuring transparency into the team’s progress
- Hold regular 1:1's with all members of your team.
- Give regular and clear feedback around each team member’s performance.
You Are Likely To Succeed If:
- You have at least 3 years of engineering management experience and 5+ years of overall software development experience.
- You have a track record of supporting, managing, coaching and mentoring software engineers towards delivering timely, high quality software.
- You’re excited about fitting the engineering work to the business needs and can clearly articulate when and why there’s a mismatch.
- You care about iterative software processes, development, and reliability, but aren’t afraid to ship early and often.
- Have a validated engineering background with previous experience developing and owning production web applications.
What We Offer:
Our compensation package includes comprehensive benefits and perks, equity, and a competitive salary:
- We care about your personal life and we mean it. We offer flexible work hours, unlimited vacation, a generous 401K match, parental leave, team events, a wellness and work-from-home budget, learning reimbursement, and more!
- Your growth at YipitData is determined by the impact that you make, not by tenure, unnecessary facetime, or office politics. Everyone at YipitData is empowered to self-improve and master their skills in an environment focused on ownership, respect, and trust.
- The annual base salary for this position is anticipated to be $185K ~ $215K. The final offer may be determined by a number of factors, including, but not limited to, the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal team benchmarks. The compensation package also includes equity.
This role may be performed fully remotely within the United States. Please note that our US headquarters are located in NYC. We also have office hubs in Austin, Miami, Denver, Mountain View, and Seattle. If the remote work is performed outside of these offices, income may be subject to New York State tax withholding.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.