Twilio (501+ Employees, 115% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Twilio is a cloud communication company that enables users to use standard web languages to build voice, VoIP, and SMS apps via a web API.
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the Finance team and help shape the investment of our R&D organization. The successful candidate will effectively synthesize our investment information across a complex organization. This role will be primarily responsible for tracking how our engineering resources are deployed across our communications products, as well as connect our hiring growth forecast to business milestones. This role will also play an active role in preparing and presenting the product level P&Ls.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record in building and developing best practices in a high growth environment while living the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 5+ years of relevant analytical and management experience in Tech / SaaS Finance, FP&A or technology investing (VC/PE/fund).
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Heavy Excel experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and in a matrix environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills and clear thinking; experience building scalable models and processes.
- Understanding of P&L dynamics, unit economics, and common SaaS metrics.
- Project management or programmatic experience a strong plus.
- Experience in managing financials to meet quarterly/annual targets, setting up standard P&L reporting and variance analysis. ROI modeling / reporting is a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will live the Twilio Magics values:
- BE AN OWNER: Manage the investments across all of our communications products. Identify risks and opportunities to our forecast, as well as recommend and implement operational improvements.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Report and communicate our strengths and weaknesses with uncensored honesty. Keep ourselves honest by providing transparent reporting into the health of our business.
- DRAW THE OWL: Build an analysis & reporting cadence to scale with our growth.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. Our portfolio of products range from established modes of communication to new and emerging ones. The Senior Manager of R&D Finance is a unique role that will help establish a framework with which to understand our investments across our products, and inform leadership on the highest ROI opportunity. This role is pivotal to our strategic planning cadences.
Twilio is a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio’s reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $74,944 – $103,048
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $65,576 – $90,167
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks