SoFi (501+ Employees, 52% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
US – Remote
WA – Seattle
CA – San Francisco HQ
UT – Murray
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
We are seeking a Senior Front End Engineer to join our team. On our team, you will be in the middle of it all – implementing functionality, architecting our system, squashing bugs, maintaining the health of our code, and continually growing as an engineer. The ideal candidate is both forward-thinking and hands-on, has a strong sense of ownership and drive for delivery, and is a good mentor and co-worker. At SoFi, we pride ourselves on the collaboration between Product, Design and Engineering and so you will be involved in the entire product lifecycle, from ideation through building, deploying and continual improvement and evolution.
This role is focused on a new business at SoFi to create new ways to help people get their money right across every life stage. Our mission is to help our members find their path to financial independence by providing them with the tools, resources, and guidance they need to get there. This role is on one of SoFi’s new product teams, this is a great opportunity to help shape the evolution of the team and the platform capabilities for years to come.
What you'll do
- Develop testable and accessible web applications
- Work with designers to identify and solve potential implementation issues
- Help translate user stories into technical solutions
- Generate ideas for new initiatives and technologies
- Communicate with project leads, product managers and other software developers
What you'll need
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in a technical field
- 3+ years related experience or demonstrated equivalent
- Strong experience with React
- Familiarity with responsive design/development and mobile-web best practices.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves, collaborate with others and get stuff done
- Strong sense of responsibility; driving a project from inception to completion
- Affinity for solving problems and shipping impactful features, not polishing perfect code or architecture
- Experience working in a collaborative coding environment (and git specifically), refining designs together, working through code reviews and managing pull requests
- Bonus: Experience working with Redux, Typescript, material-ui, razzle and working on large-scale applications
Nice To Have
- Full-stack engineering experience, or a willingness and passion to broaden your technical skill set
- Expertise with Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Spring Boot, AWS, CI/CD.
- Fintech/finance experience
- Experience working in customer facing websites
- Awareness of the digital marketing ecosystem
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, effective on November 1, 2021, U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) to work from any of our offices, travel for business or attend work-related meetings.