Redesign Health (201-500 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Redesign Health is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer – we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include, but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices.
We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Redesign Health is a company that powers innovation in healthcare. We develop technologies, tools, and insights that lower the barriers to change in healthcare, and provide a platform that enables founders and the broader healthcare ecosystem to build high-quality health solutions at scale. We have powered the launch of 28 companies to-date including Lively, Ever/Body, Calibrate, Vault Health, Springtide, HealthQuarters, Proper, Anomaly, Jasper, MedArrive, Intrinsic, UpLift, Kins, Keen, Overalls, and stealth ventures in health equity, kidney care, women’s health, complementary medicine, and many more. We’re on a mission to redesign health for everyone.
As our Senior Front-End Engineer for our Platform & Data team, you will be building front-end user interfaces in ReactJS to display the output of complex backends running a suite of AI models. Your front-end will be used to collect feedback from users in an intuitive manner and to feed data back to the backend. Our front-end applications will be instrumental in the usefulness and adaptability of our AI systems which we use to guide how we Redesign the Healthcare ecosystem.
In this role, you will be responsible for the end-to-end user journey including building UI components, designing layout, implementing authentication/user-flow & user input data collection. You will liaise closely with backend AI developers and data engineers on how to display data and signals being computed in the backend.
You will report to and work with the Head of Data Science. The position can be fully remote within the United States or based out of our New York City headquarters.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Design, Product and Machine Learning teams
- Design and interact with UI designers & ML engineers
- Synthesize intuitive, useful and personalizable web applications, taking on board design constraints and desired functionality
- Layout and texture the application as closely as possible to the designers requirements using sound ReactJS and CSS principles
- Communicate effectively with the ML backend via efficient API request handling
- Own front-end usefulness and intuitiveness
- Produce front-end production-level code
- Minimize load times, errors, and downtime
- Maximize the simplicity of the user experience (e.g. number of clicks)
- Make data visualization speak thousands of words
- Own the process of excellent data visualization across a wide range of data and data structures
- Make sexy front-end displays for tabular, graph and time series data
- Make the displays interactive + loggable so that we can understand how the user journey is playing out in real-time
What you’ll need:
- 1+ year of experience with React.js
- Experience in data visualization across a wide range of data and data structures (e.g. D3.js)
- Computer Science degree
- Technical Skills
- Understands how to use React components and hooks
- Can efficiently explore the application code structure and understands how to work with it
- Understands async/await paradigm for backend calls
- Expertise specifying tests, both on the code as well as user experience level
- Ability to reduce design to functionality using solid coding architectural principles
- Knowledge of data structures & algorithms
- Out of the box solution thinking
- Ability to handle product execution, feature specification, product delivery, and product quality assurance
- Behavioral Skills
- Collaborates. Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions and accomplishments. Gains trust and support of others. Building partnerships and collaborating with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates Effectively. Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Attentively listens to others. Adjusts to fit the audience and the message. Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization. Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer Focus. Gains insight into customer needs. Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer. Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations. Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships. Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
You will work out of one of the following locations:
- In-office: New York, NY
- Remote: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
What Redesign is all about
Redesign’s mission is to elevate healthcare companies that empower people to live their healthiest lives. To give a sense of what our team is all about, these are the values that guide our work:
- Redesign healthcare – We bring positive change to patients’ lives
- Own the outcome – We do the work to get the job done
- Be trusted partners – We strive to be the teammates and co-founders of choice
- Champion diverse perspectives – We work to unlock our joint potential
- Practice kindness – We aim to build bridges, not walls
- Learn continuously – We focus on constantly growing as individuals and as a team
Why work with us?
We care deeply about your well-being. And we’ve tailored our unique benefits around your wellness. Check out our full range of benefits here, and a few of our highlighted benefits below:
- Benefits for your physical wellness:
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage with no monthly contribution for you and your dependents (for all of our plans!)
- Quarterly in-home house cleaning
- $50 a month wellness stipend
- Benefits for your financial wellness:
- 401K match
- Student loan repayment contribution
- Tax preparation services
- Benefits for your mental wellness:
- Unlimited PTO
- An annual 2-week company-wide winter break
- 2 months sabbatical after 4 years
- Reimbursements to Spotify & Headspace
- Benefits for the wellness of parents:
- 16 week full paid parental leave
- Maven Clinic access with $10k lifetime contributions to fertility & adoption services
- Diaper subscription service & summer camp reimbursement program