Qualio (51-200 Employees, 600% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Qualio is on a mission to empower life science teams to launch and scale life-saving products. We’re doing that by building a connected and integrated quality management platform for the entire life science ecosystem. Qualio is trusted by 100s of highly regulated international customers, ranging from the bleeding edge of computational biology and machine learning to household names in mRNA vaccine development. We’re growing rapidly, and in 2021 we saw 132% year-on-year revenue growth.
The Qualio team is an all-remote, globally distributed workforce with teammates in over ten countries.
Who are we?
At Qualio, the engineering department is responsible for the “what” and the “how”. “What” as in what should we build for our customers. “How” as in how do we delivery and operate the solution.
We are working on building a platform team providing horizontal services to vertical feature centric product teams to deliver on Qualio’s brand promise – “An easy, scalable and trusted QMS”.
How do we work?
We are designing our teams to own specific horizontal areas of our application. Teams are made up of a Product manager (PM), Engineering team lead and a team of engineers. Owning the area of application means everything, collaborating with product managers, customer success partners, architecture, peer engineering teams to deliver robust cloud-based solutions that drive powerful experiences to our customers
As Werner Vogels says, “You build it, you run it”.
What do we value?
In order to make this a reality we value a number of things:
- Iterative development – Solutions are delivered as a collection of small pieces. No big bangs.
- Test driven development
- Clean code
- Automation in all its forms – tests, infrastructure, build and deploy – everything
- “Done” means it’s in the hands of customers
What’s the opportunity?
As Qualio continues to grow, we are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join one of our platform teams. We have a new feature area that is growing beyond an MVP.
We are predominantly a Python shop, but we also use Node.js, TypeScript, React, AngularJS, REST APIs and host our cloud software in AWS, but we’re open to developers who have expertise in different languages as long as you’re open to learning!
What will I be doing?
- Strong team player with a collaborative mindset
- Partner with team in designing, implementing and delivering effective cloud based solutions – evidenced by timeliness, quality, usability, operational stability, performance, and success of meeting customer requirements/business objectives
- Ability to maintain a proactive and positive attitude in a fast-paced, changing environment
- You like the sound of working for a fully remote-based organization with lots of opportunities
What skills do I need?
- Utilize programming languages like Python, Node.js, RDBMS and NoSQL databases.
- Well-versed with AWS Cloud based services such as ECS, Lambda, EC2, and related technologies e.g. ELB, API Gateway, Security groups, VPCs, etc
- You can code, conduct reviews on architecture and code along with other team members to build effective software
- Apply engineering best practices in TDD, clean code, CI/CD to analyze, design, develop, deploy, and support product solutions
- Experience with Agile methodologies/DevSecOps environment
- Breadth and depth of experience in areas like application platforms, integration patterns, event-driven architecture, data management, and infrastructure as code
- Competitive salary
- Matching 401k
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Dependent & Health FSA, Short/Long Term Disability, Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Company allowance for home office supplies
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Opportunity to make a difference through helping life-saving products get to market
A note to candidates:
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every single one of the qualifications as described in a job description. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company and we are most interested in finding the BEST candidate for the job. That candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background, and that’s okay. We would strongly encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications described.
#LI-RB1 #LI-Remote #Qualio_NA #Qualio_ET