Ethos (201-500 Employees, 224% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Ethos was built to make it faster and easier to get life insurance for the next million families. Our approach blends industry expertise, technology, and the human touch to find you the right policy to protect your loved ones. Using predictive analytics, we are able to transform a traditionally multi-week process into a modern digital experience for our users that can take just minutes!
Our investors include General Catalyst, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, Google Ventures, SoftBank, and the investment vehicles of Jay-Z, Kevin Durant, and Robert Downey Jr. We are listed in Forbes’ Top 50 Fintechs of 2020. And for exciting news about our growth check out Life-Insurance Startup Ethos Valued at More Than $2.7 Billion. We are scaling quickly and looking for passionate people to protect the next million families!
About the Role
As the Senior Growth Marketing Designer at Ethos, you will develop creative that supports marketing campaigns across channels and media. A successful candidate has a solid understanding of growth marketing and strong design principles that drive results. You will be an integral part of the Creative Team’s iterative design process to continuously optimize performance to achieve engagement and revenue goals. As a part of a hyper-focused Marketing Pod, you will collaborate closely with internal and external partners to execute static and motion creative while adhering to the strategic roadmap.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own creative production from concept to delivery, optimize existing creative; leverage performance data to inform the iterative process
- Drive growth across all channels (paid social, affiliates, direct mail, TV, lifecycle, digital/print) by continuously testing and optimizing creative designs to improve engagement, performance, and revenue goals
- Use data and analytics from AB experiments, conversion, and acquisition to iterate on marketing strategy, messaging, and designs
- Identify trends and customer needs to discover new creative opportunities
- Support brand design initiatives across a variety of teams within Ethos, such as HR, Recruiting, and Product
- Lead ideation and innovation for blue sky campaign concepts for new multichannel & offline campaign concepts
The right candidate for this role:
- Passion for fresh creative thinking and big ideas, and brings them to life through video, motion graphics, and experimental channels
- Comfortable exploring new channels for creative testing and experimentation
- Flexes to both conceptualize and execute projects, with strong bias for action
- Implements a data-first approach to creative, utilizing data to inform and optimize campaigns.
- Provide guidance for in-house and external teams in creative strategy, execution, and production, in a high-volume, fast-paced environment with clarity and vision
- Works with stakeholders to break down complex narratives into simple, compelling ideas
- Exceptional design aesthetic: memorable, unique, and innovative when needed
- Ability to think across a wide range of categories spanning dozens of touch points
- Determined and ambitious, leading with a clear point of view
- Passion for critical analysis and strategic problem-solving, with a curious and entrepreneurial mindset
- Exception portfolio to include work in graphic design, motion design, and video editing
Qualifications & Skills:
- 8+ years of agency and/or client-side consumer marketing experience
- Experience building effective ad creative on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, and Connected TV
- Strong organization and communication skills and a natural style of building relationships
- Proficient understanding of performance marketing channels & user acquisition KPIs
- A growth mindset with a healthy mix of imagination and business acumen
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere), video editing software, and proficient with Figma
Everyone is welcome at Ethos. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.