SourceGraph (201-500 Employees, 463% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. Our code intelligence platform helps developers and companies with billions of lines of code create the software you use every day. In enabling more people to code, we believe we will create economic opportunity across the world and will drive progress that benefits everyone.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. Our company is growing rapidly: we’ve experienced exponential growth and our $125M Series D from Andreessen Horowitz and $50M Series C from Sequoia have given us the opportunity to make big ambitious bets on our future. We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and massive opportunity (most developers haven’t even heard of code intelligence yet, but once you’ve used it, you can’t live without it–just like Google). By continuing to hire exceptional people, we have the opportunity to make Sourcegraph one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Given that we are an all-remote company and hire almost anywhere in the world, we don’t have a location requirement for this role. However, your working hours must overlap with Pacific Time or Eastern Time for at least 30 hours/week.
Why this job is exciting
As our first Senior Implementation Project Manager, you will have more responsibility and growth potential in helping us shape and build a new team than at any other comparable company. As an Implementation Manager, you will work closely with our Sales, Customer Engineering, Implementation Engineers, and our customers & prospects as the teams install/configure/set-up Sourcegraph in a timely and sustainable manner within customer environments. You will lead requirement gathering, project planning, internal and external stakeholder communication and reporting, and final sign-off of Sourcegraph deployments.
Within one month you will…
- Start building a trusting relationship with your peers on the Sales, Customer Engineering, Implementation Engineering, Customer Support, and Engineering teams.
- Learn about our product, our value proposition, our customers, our team, our processes, and our tooling.
- Learn about our deployment methodologies, options, best practices, limitations, and processes.
- Join customer and prospect calls with some of our largest (Fortune 500) customers to understand their technical challenges and needs.
- Start managing reporting and communications internally and externally on behalf of active customer implementations.
Within three months you will…
- Work directly with Sales and Customer Engineering to establish processes and templates for creating and reporting on active customer implementations.
- Help define project planning tools and resources needed to make our deployments successful.
- Scope and manage technical implementations with customers in their own environments.
Within six months you will…
- Work closely with Sales and Customer Engineering to improve the overall customer experience through scaled reporting and automation.
- Iterate on existing processes, templates, and tools to better service our customers.
You are an enthusiastic, driven, and results-oriented technologist who shares our values and has a passion for leading / managing complex customer implementations through to technical success.
- You have strong organizational skills, with experience managing multiple customer implementations (ideally complex cloud and on-premise solutions) concurrently
- You have strong requirements gathering and discovery skills
- You have significant experience in developing and managing internal and external complex project plans
- You have ability to clearly communicate technical and business concepts, risks, and issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- You have strong awareness having helped deploy complex technical solutions on customer’s infrastructure
- You have experience interacting with internal product teams, informing feature prioritization based on customer needs
- You have exceptional communication skills, delivering clear and accurate status updates and reports to a variety of audiences and stakeholders
Interview process [~3.5 hour total interview]
Below is the interview process you can expect for this role (you can read more about the types of interviews in our Handbook). It may look like a lot of steps, but rest assured that we move quickly and the steps are designed to help you get the information needed to determine if we’re the right fit for you… Interviewing is a two-way street, after all!
- Intro Conversation Stage – we have initial conversations to get to know you better…
- Take Home Assignment – we have you complete a short exercise to learn more about Sourcegraph and day-to-day responsibilities.
- Team Interview Stage – we then delve into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team…
- Final Interview Stage – we move you to our final round, where you will gain a better understanding of our business and values holistically…
- [45 min] Customer Scenarios Working Session – Hiring Manager + 1 IC CE
- And that’s it! Please note – you are welcome to request additional conversations with anyone you would like to meet, but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
- We make you an offer!
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.