WeTransfer (201-500 Employees, 68% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Every day, millions of people rely on WeTransfer to share their creative ideas.
Having made its name in the game of quick and simple file-sharing, WeTransfer has grown into an end-to-end suite of digital solutions with more than 87 million monthly active users in 190 countries. Beyond the WeTransfer.com platform, we have the storytelling platform WePresent, quick slide-making tool Paste, immersive sketching app Paper, and inspiration-capturing tool Collect. We design and deliver delightful experiences that continue to feel obvious and intuitive to millions of people—from our moms to your favorite artists. As a certified B-Corp, WeTransfer aims to be a sustainable and responsible tech company, balancing people, planet, and profit
So, the work we do matters. Come and be a part of it.
The platform team is at the core of engineering at WeTransfer. You’ll accelerate innovation by providing developers with the tools they need, while ensuring that the platform is reliable, performant, and secure.
Together with the product teams you will work on processes, tools, and services to support end-to-end ownership and self-service deployment of applications and infrastructure.
As an infrastructure-focused Platform engineer you help build and maintain mission-critical infrastructure by specializing in all things compute-, network- and storage-related.
What you’ll be doing
- Help scale to support an engineering organization of hundreds of engineers and enable them to ship new products and features in a self-serve manner
- Scale our service-oriented architecture to hundreds of services at a scale of 10s of thousands of requests per second
- Ensure reliability at-scale targeting >= 99.99% availability
- Drive our security practices forward by employing a Zero Trust security model and the principle of least privilege
- Default to automation so we can take the toil out of infrastructure provisioning, granting access rights and other manual processes
- Work with other teams and engineers to understand their needs and make sure we’re building the right services
Some of the technologies you will be using
- Our multi-account AWS cloud environment using services like AWS Control Tower and AWS Config
- Our multi-environment, multi-region Kubernetes clusters using Kops, EKS and Kiam
- Our infrastructure provisioning pipeline using Terraform
- Our OS machine image baking pipeline using Packer
- Our edge infrastructure using CloudFront, nginx and haproxy and AWS WAF
- Our access proxies using IAM, STS, OAuth Proxy and Google IdP
- Our network using AWS VPC, CoreDNS, external-dns and Unbound
- Our storage systems using AWS RDS, DynamoDB and InfluxDB
A few blog posts that the Platform team has released recently:
WeTransfer is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on the diversity of our people. We welcome you, and everything that makes you—well, you. That includes your gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, or disability status.
A note on remote
Our work environment is hybrid-remote, meaning that we support our employees to work remotely and in the office. We encourage employees to decide for themselves and with their team whether or when to go to the office. However, we recommend that you don’t come to the office more than 2-3 per week – since that wouldn’t be hybrid anymore.
While it is not necessarily a determining or disqualifying factor for any role, you may be required to complete a standard employment background screening.