Airtable (501+ Employees, 248% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The IT department at Airtable is seeking a IT Systems Engineer to assist us in choosing, maintaining or building tools to automate all the internal processes and applications.
In this role, you’ll be the technical leader of Airtable IT SaaS Ops engineering. You’ll apply experience of integrations to enable us to grow in a secure, automated way. This role will be engaged in everything from new-hire onboarding, to cross-company access change requests, to administering the growing list of SaaS tools.
Learn more about our Engineering team and values here.
What you'll do
- Design & implement automation to make IT processes repeatable, scalable, and secure
- Using standalone code, webhooks, or API integrations to optimize and connect our SaaS environment
- Guide build vs. buy decisions for integrations and tooling for IT and other departments
- You will work with stakeholders within the company to design, configure, implement, maintain and promote a variety of internally facing applications, including G Suite, Okta, Slack & BetterCloud
- You will research, install, maintain and troubleshoot application plugins/add-ons
- Document procedures, policies, technical instructions, and other practices
- Work on IT projects from research to implementation as well as other projects assigned
- Work with the Service Desk to prioritize automatable tasks
- Guide and mentor other team members to implement robust repeatable processes
- Apply leading edge knowledge and professional concepts to contribute to development of the company's principles and to achieve objectives in creative and effective ways.
- Create formal networks with key decision makers within the company
- Work independently to determine methods on new projects
- Be a technical leader for IT Engineering
Who you are
- 8+ years of experience
- Solution oriented: What you build and implement will impact all of Airtable
- You are experienced with administering and developing in and against SaaS, and applications and services, including G Suite and Slack
- You have a comfort and familiarity with modern development practices and the development lifecycle with experience using Scrum, Kanban, Lean, or other agile methodologies
- In this role, you are organized and analytical, adept at working in a high-performing team environment, able to follow a project schedule, have a continuous improvement mindset, and are capable of handling multiple priorities concurrently
- You have experience using APIs to automate tasks
- You are familiar with Okta Workflows, SAML, and OAuth.
- You can automate IT tasks with Python and Shell scripting
- You have experience using Terraform for infrastructure as code (IaaS) and with Puppet, Salt, Ansible or similar configuration management tools
- You are self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work independently
- Experience administering Okta (or another SSO platform), JAMF, and G Suite in an enterprise environment
- Knowledge of networking concepts
What We Offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings account contribution
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health
- Family planning support via Carrot (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career development
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
- Supplemental reimbursement for Gender Affirmation procedures and services
- Access to pre-tax Transportation & Commuter Benefits
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 300,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $11.7 billion and raised $735 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!