OxfordVR is on a mission to revolutionize mental health for millions globally through cutting-edge digital therapies, including a unique and clinically validated immersive virtual reality that gets results.
Across 2021 we’re launching a human centered, care forward and technology leveraged virtual clinic for mental health and wellness. Our focus is on infusing virtual mental healthcare with automated technologies like virtual reality, incorporating evidence-based psychological treatments, such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), delivered via immersive environments.
OxfordVR was spun out from Oxford University in 2017 and seed funded by Optum Ventures, Oxford Science & Innovation and Luminous Ventures. We’re currently involved in a number of clinical trials and deployments across the world, including GameChange – the world’s largest multi-site clinical trial for virtual reality in mental health across the NHS in the United Kingdom.
Oxford VR is looking for a senior or lead engineer to help our development team create mental health treatments in Virtual Reality. You will be a part of our programming team, working on all aspects of development from prototyping new treatments to creating fulfilling new user experiences, optimizing for VR on android devices, and supporting/adapting existing products.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with our entire team, supporting our designers and artists and working together to create technical solutions to help bring the whole treatment together. We strive for quality, while remembering that the ultimate test of our products is whether they help people.
Day-to-day tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing VR experiences and environments based on mockups and storyboards
- Crafting intuitive user interactions for novice users
- Writing well-documented, reusable Unity code
- Diagnosing, documenting, and fixing bugs reported by testers and users
- Using industry standard source control and issue tracking systems (Git, Jira, etc.)
- Participating in project planning and team code reviews
- Working closely with the clinical and design teams to refine and implement clinically-relevant VR experiences
- Professional programming experience (at least 5 years, preferably 3D)
- Experience with Unity in the context of VR development
- Ability to self-organize and communicate with the rest of the team
- Comfortable working on a fully remote team
Bonus points for knowledge of VR development, mobile development, creating modular systems, render pipelines, and anything else you think might be useful (let us know!).
- Competitive salary
- Insurance benefits including medical, vision, dental, life, long term disability (for US)
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible working hours
- Fully remote position
We’d like to know what you think qualifies you for this role. We don’t necessarily need a piece of paper – what we really value is common sense – and so far, we haven’t seen a course for that!
Of course, if you have accolades you want to share then we’d love to hear all about them.
In the US, our team is fully remote, which means we’re looking for the best people we can find, regardless of location.