ForgeRock (501+ Employees, 32% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
In today’s highly connected digital world, understanding, managing and securing the identity of individuals and things is essential to safety and success of both businesses and their customers. Billions of people connect from anywhere, use a wide variety of devices and expect a seamless yet secure experience.
The ForgeRock mission is to provide the most simple and comprehensive Identity and Access Management Platform to help our customers deepen their relationships with their consumers and improve the productivity and connectivity of their employees and partners. Our identity solution enables great digital experiences and is embedded with a rich set of security, privacy and consent features. We deliver our platform through both cloud services and on-premises software.
Our customers are some of the biggest companies, organizations, and even countries in the world. On any given day, it’s likely that the ForgeRock Identity Platform helped keep your data safe, gave you access to stuff, and supported trusted relationships between you, companies and the devices you were using.
ForgeRock is headquartered in San Francisco, but we are a global company with offices in the following cities: Vancouver, WA; Austin, TX; Bristol, UK; Grenoble FR; Oslo NO; and Singapore. Please read more about us at forgerock.com or follow ForgeRock on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/forgerock.
ForgeRock is looking for a highly motivated commercial attorney looking to expand their career with broad responsibilities while supporting our global business. This unique role will support two sales regions: West Coast (AMERS) and a nascent region for the company, Australia/Singapore (APJ). As commercial counsel, you will provide cross-functional assistance for sales, business development and compliance initiatives within the legal team. The successful candidate, reporting to the VP Regional General Counsel (AMERS), will work alongside other senior members of the team on key company initiatives and will also take ownership of their own projects and areas of commercial responsibility.
Importantly, this role will require flexible hours in order to support Australia/Singapore deal flow. As with all commercial support, this role will also require the willingness to work extended hours to match the peaks inherent in end-of-quarter business cycles.
We are a relatively small but dynamic global legal team that is looking for candidates that will support our diverse culture and become a critical contributor to our company’s success.
- Commercial: Draft, structure, and negotiate agreements with ForgeRock customers in the AMERS and APJ regions, including customers transitioning from our on-premise model to our cloud solution. Partner collaboratively with cross-functional teams (Sales, Deals Desk, Finance, Privacy, EntSec) to ensure timely transactions for the company.
- Business Development: Provide primary support for ForgeRock’s dynamic partner program including the review and negotiation of bespoke new partnership agreements, policies, and processes in the AMERS region.
- Compliance: Assist with global regulatory compliance, including OFAC, Anti-Bribery, Anti-Corruption, Anti-Harassment & Discrimination, as well as other initiatives, including Privacy. This includes a focus on the support of global programs, attendant training, and implementation.
- Utility Player: Problem solve in a matrixed environment and actively assist in driving company and department goals forward on ad-hoc projects.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Have significant experience (+5 years) supporting complex enterprise software licensing transactions, with a focus on SaaS and Cloud licensing agreements (though experience with on-premise software licensing will be a plus).
- Advanced customer-facing negotiation skills with a proven track record of supporting a dynamic, high-volume sales team.
- Must be comfortable operating in a semi-autonomous role, with the ability to make sound business and legal judgements independently.
- Possess great attention to detail and an eye for identifying (and remedying) process inefficiencies.
- Willingness to tackle new projects in areas of less familiarity.
- Analytical skills and the experience exercising sound business and situational judgment.
- Advantageous to have an in-house legal background, particularly with a global company.
Life at ForgeRock:
We believe in and facilitate a flexible, collaborative work environment. We’re growing quickly, but remain true to the innovative, can-do startup values that got us here. Most importantly, we keep hiring talented, smart, fun, and genuinely nice people because that’s who we want to succeed with every day.
Here are just a few of the things that make ForgeRock special:
- A company culture that empowers you to do your best work.
- Employee Resource Groups that create a sense of belonging for everyone.
- Regular company and team bonding events.
- Competitive benefits and perks.
- Recognition programs that reward employees with meaningful experiences.
- Global volunteering and community initiatives
ForgeRock is the collective sum of all our individual experiences, backgrounds and influences and we pride ourselves in growing and learning together. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone’s individuality is respected and everyone has an Identity. In recruiting for new colleagues, we welcome the unique contributions you can bring and encourage you to be your best self.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.