Tinder (501+ Employees, 31% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Tinder connects people. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive — and rapidly growing. Your daily work here will cause millions of people to spark new and meaningful connections. Our small, dedicated engineering team has one of the highest ratios of users to engineers in the industry, which makes every member of the team critical to our success. You’ll have a unique opportunity to join a company with a global footprint while working on a team that’s small enough for you to feel the impact each day.
The senior machine learning engineer role will be responsible for the development of machine learning models and systems for recommendation applications. Recommendation algorithms directly control who can be matched together in Tinder, and optimize the whole ecosystem. You’ll have a unique opportunity to join a company with a global footprint while working on a team that’s small enough for you to feel the impact each day.
In this Senior Machine Learning Engineering role, you will:
- Work on meaningful problems at a massive scale (1.6B+ user swipes per day).
- Work on exciting problems that directly impact Tinder’s ecosystem.
- Design and implement state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms in distributed machine learning frameworks such as Spark.
- Define and own the objectives and metrics for your team, and devise a development strategy and roadmap.
- Lead and mentor team members to reach their full potential.
What We’re Looking For:
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree with applied research experience.
- 3+ years of industry experience in building machine learning models.
- Industry experience programming in Java, Python, or related language.
- 3+ years working in production systems delivering Recommendation Systems, Reinforcement Learning, Bandit algorithms, Deep Learning, Multi-objective Optimization.
- Understand both complex and simple modeling techniques and be able to determine when to apply them.
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Publication within a related research field.
- Demonstrable experience in building, programming, and integrating algorithms into production systems.
- Proven experience producing computationally efficient software to meet real-time requirements.
- Understanding of the scientific theory behind machine learning techniques.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• A robust Learning + Development offering including our MentorMatch program, access to a library of 6,000+ online learning courses through Udemy, and an annual L+D stipend
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.