Weedmaps (501+ Employees, 67% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Senior Manager, Client Sales (Brands)
The Revenue team is looking for a strategic and operational leader to oversee our US and Canada region, with responsibility to achieve ambitious revenue and product adoption with our Brands clients. Based remotely and reporting to the GM of Brands, this role will have direct line responsibility for the sales and client success teams covering the US and Canadian markets, and will also partner closely with Weedmaps’ Marketing, Government Relations, Finance, Legal, Corporate Development, and Product teams to expand Weedmaps presence in the region. The right person will have a demonstrated track record of delivering against ambitious SaaS revenue and product adoption targets, strong people management capabilities, excellent communication and leadership skills, and a strategic mindset to help support our market expansion goals. This role will require a strategic thinker who is willing to get their hands dirty (i.e. participate on sales calls) while ensuring strategy execution is tracked and tailored continuously.
The impact you’ll make:
- Drive revenue, share penetration and cross-product adoption throughout the sales lifecycle within United States and Canadian markets.
- Meet or exceed all assigned expansion / upsell / retention revenue and cross-product adoption targets
- Develop state-specific go-to-market strategies based on market conditions and Weedmaps product offerings
- Develop and execute market launch strategies in new states in the US region (as regulatory changes permit)
- Directly manage a team of Account Executives to achieve quarterly revenue, licensee penetration, product adoption, and listing quality targets
- Cultivate relationships with key customers, industry groups, and other local stakeholders/partners.
- In partnership with VP Revenue and Head of Sales Enablement, drive continuous improvement in performance and output from sales and client success teams
- Partner with Marketing to drive B2B marketing tactics, implement continuous optimization of sales pitches, PR, and coordinated B2C efforts
- Partner with Product to surface region-specific requirements and opportunities, and to plan out successful go-to-market launches for products and features
What you’ve accomplished:
- BA/BS Degree or MBA preferred
- 10+ years of combined work experience, with increasing levels of responsibility, in sales leadership, general management, client success, sales strategy, and / or B2B go-to-market roles (B2B SaaS sales experience preferred).
- 6+ years experience managing or leading teams, with experience managing multiple discrete functions simultaneously preferred
- Demonstrated ability to consistently achieve sales, product, or market expansion targets, and to adapt to new products, new assignments, and changing market conditions
- Cross-functional team leadership, influence, management, and alignment experience
- Comfort with, and ability to operate at an aggressive, accelerated, iterative pace in a dynamic environment
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Experience managing sales teams selling interconnected portfolios of SaaS or flat fee software tools for advertising, e-commerce or business operations
- Experience with performance-based ad sales and/or ecommerce platforms
- Experience developing new market conquest strategy and execution, either with respect to new products or new geographies
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee – employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent – employer paid premium 80%
- HMO – Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA – Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D – employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- BenefitEd (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.
Notice to prospective Weedmaps job applicants:
Our team has been made aware of incidents involving LinkedIn, Telegram, and Facebook accounts impersonating Weedmaps recruiters. These individuals are attempting to use our company name to solicit payment from prospective candidates interested in applying for jobs at our company. Our team is actively working to combat these attempts, but in the meantime, please be mindful of the following:
- Our recruiters will always communicate with candidates through an @weedmaps.com email address.
- CORRECT: [email protected]
- INCORRECT: [email protected]
- Our recruiters will NEVER ask for or attempt to solicit payment from applicants in order to apply, interview, or work for Weedmaps.
- If you are interested in a role at Weedmaps, please apply through our established channels.
If you are unsure if a communication is legitimate, please contact our recruitment team at [email protected] and they will happily confirm for you. Thank you for your vigilance and we appreciate your interest in working with us!