Coinbase (501+ Employees, 233% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Coinbase tax operations team ensures that Coinbase complies fully with its tax obligations in all of its global operations, provides for taxes accurately and completely in its financial statements and supports its business operations to ensure an optimal and efficient tax structure.
The Senior Manager, Global Tax Compliance will be an integral member of the tax team, working in coordination with the Coinbase tax operations team and the greater Coinbase financial team to support:
- The timely and accuracy of Coinbase’s worldwide income tax filings, including estimated payments, tax forecast, and deferred tax calculations
- The integrity and accuracy of Coinbase’s worldwide tax provision, including the tax aspects of its financial statements, through hands-on preparation and review of the global tax provision;
- The execution, maintenance and constant improvement of tax processes, automation and controls;
- Full compliance with all tax laws and regulations, partnering with the greater Coinbase tax and finance teams;
- Advise and consult on international tax matters, partnering with the greater Coinbase tax and finance teams to identify and resolve tax compliance risks and issues.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- CPA or local requirement
- 10+ years of relevant tax experience, ideally with a mix at both a Big 4 accounting firm and in industry
- Significant experience with ASC740 and FRS 102, including the preparation and review of complex tax provisions
- Significant experience with the preparation and review of non-US direct tax returns
- Broad based technical tax experience
- Excellent speaking and communication skills while working with business teams and explaining tax concepts to both tax and non-tax audiences
- Outstanding detail-orientation and process-orientation skills
- Collaborative and positive orientation.
- Willingness to pivot and learn.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with One Source Tax Provision and Tax Compliance
- Crypto industry experience
Please note that for employees based in the US, Philippines, Canada or Singapore, if your role requires you to be present in a Coinbase office or if you choose to be physically present in a Coinbase office or sponsored location, you will be required to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 (as defined by applicable law). If you receive an offer, you will receive additional information about the grounds and process for an exemption.
Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.