Okta (501+ Employees, 124% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Okta’s Strategic Events team is the catalyst for Okta’s customers, prospects, developers, partners and employees to learn, connect, and be inspired. We lead Okta’s live and hybrid events to ensure best in class development and execution of impactful messaging and experiences.
Okta is seeking a highly motivated and seasoned events marketing professional to lead the strategy, execution and measurable impact of our keynote experiences across large-scale external and internal events. This experiential manager brings their unique and industry-leading perspective to partner across the organization, drive consistent messaging and interface with leadership at the most senior levels of the Okta organization. This individual will build, develop & grow the keynote experiences team at Okta, establishing best practices, timelines, playbooks and training their team.
- Lead the team that focuses on keynote experiences across large scale internal and external facing event programs
- Work cross-functionally with teams to drive production best practices across comms, messaging, film, customer marketing, creative, talent, etc.
- Manage creative strategy for live stage design & production that bring Okta’s storytelling and brand to life.
- Lead the overall Keynote workflow process; and regularly make improvements where needed
- Drive meetings to update team on progress and troubleshooting
- Manage external agencies
- Present to leadership on keynote strategy and tactics and their alignment with overall goals
- Stay at the forefront of keynote innovation, bringing a strong POV from industry best practices and experience
- Manage large production budgets to bring program in under budget and on deadline
Keynote experiences operate in a fast-paced, demanding, and highly-nuanced environment. We are seeking an experienced individual who is:
- Creative and innovative: resourceful, always learning, eager to challenge the status quo
- A leader: confident in ability to coach and grow a team, reflective and self aware, strong communication skills and comfortable presenting at the executive level.
- Results-oriented: manage competing priorities, explain trade-offs to stay within budget, and drive creative development
- Collaborative: proactively establish rapport, credibility and influence at all levels and across departments.
- Strategic: understand the overall business direction for bringing our products to market and stay on top of innovative industry trends to develop and evolve our live experiences.
- Flexible and organized: manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously, in a fast paced environment. Must have an appreciation for the details and processes that make great work possible.
- 7+ years of experience in event management with a thorough knowledge of keynote production processes from pre to post.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the creative development & production processes including communication of creative directives at all levels
- Experience working with or for a technology company preferred
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum salary of $154,000 year + bonus + equity + benefits)
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.