OpenDoor (501+ Employees, 130% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy — we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
As a manager on the Resale Strategy team (Pricing), you’ll be operating at the heart of Opendoor: the core algorithms team that’s at the heart of our core pricing organization, which is further at the heart of Opendoor’s core business. You will take charge of the fundamental algorithms and datasets that make Opendoor possible, leading a team of entrepreneurial Research Scientists who are developing new cutting-edge algorithms and signals to push forward the frontier of what’s possible and drive bottom-line impact. If you’re excited about working at the bleeding edge of structural modeling, leading through radical candor, and having a trillion-dollar impact, we’d love to hear from you!
- Build and lead a team of 5+ Ph.D. level Research Scientists tackling high-impact, high-complexity structural modeling challenges in core pricing
- Develop new algorithmic techniques and datasets that will enable answering previously unanswerable and new questions
- Partner closely with engineering, product, and operations stakeholders to deliver on key cross-functional modeling efforts that have a company-wide impact
- Continue to scale and up-level a highly-committed team via rapid hiring, functional practices, and a culture of excellence
- 5+ years of experience in modeling complex phenomena, regardless of training or domain (our team ranges from computational biologists to physicists to econometricians)
- 3+ years of management experience, including managing top-tier research scientists, statistician and ML scientists
- Exceptional ability and judgment in structural modeling, preferably with experience in at least one of the following: stochastic modeling, spatiotemporal modeling, auction theory, portfolio optimization, macroeconomic modeling
- Exceptional ability to translate between business and technical audiences, especially in summarizing highly technical analyses to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated self-sufficiency in complex data environments: operating knowledge of key programming languages (SQL, Python, etc.), tools (Spark, Jupyter, etc.), and so on
- Passion for people-first management
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness