Air (51-200 Employees, 218% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Air is the hub for creative work. Our product automates the mindless tasks that marketers do every day to manage content, and unlocks creativity through image recognition, automated versioning, and approval workflows. We launched in March 2021 and have raised +$28M from world-class venture capital groups including Tiger Global, Headline Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, WndrCo, and Slack Ventures.
We sell to innovative companies across a wide range of industries – ecommerce, direct-to-consumer, media and entertainment, and sports teams, just to name a few. Our customers are on the forefront of adopting new tools and processes, and our sales motions are collaborative and consultative by nature. The industries we serve are rapidly evolving and the markets we are selling into are enormous. Creative work is rapidly becoming a major investment area for all businesses, both B2B and B2C, and Air is at the forefront in helping shape this trend.
We are hiring our first front-line sales managers for our growing Sales team. In this role, you’ll inherit an existing SMB sales team and build out a new Outbound SDR team. This is a complete greenfield opportunity – you will design, implement, execute, and optimize your plans for these segments. We would like to hire someone who has the potential to be a second-line sales manager for these two segments in the future.
- Build, manage, lead and inspire high-performing Sales teams to achieve near and long-term growth targets
- Deliver on your targets across both outbound pipeline generation and new closed-won opportunities
- Hire, grow, and promote your team into long-tenured employees at Air
- Identify opportunities and develop strategies to improve sales processes and productivity across your teams
- Monitor sales performance: activity, pipelines, monthly forecasts, and closed-deals to ensure quota attainment
- Support your team with guidance, coaching, and strategic deal planning to ensure rep success
- Be an advocate for your team and work with executive leadership to help build a strong culture and foundation to scale
- A world-class written and verbal communicator
- Excited about owning/analyzing a brand-new segment
- A builder by nature – you are a driver, not a passenger
- A proven manager wanting to bet on themselves and build something from the ground up
- An operator with the highest sense of ownership for your segments
- Comfortable with high levels of ambiguity
- A highly empathetic leader – you demand the best from your team but you do so with an ‘ambitious but understanding’ attitud
- 1-3+ years of management experience
- 5+ years of closing experience
- Highly data-driven, fluent in Excel + Salesforce
- Willingness to learn to sell the product yourself during the initial ramp period
- Proven track record of scaling sales teams and outperforming against sales targets
- Proven track record of scaling teams providing outbound pipeline generation in support of senior Account Executive teams
- Proven track record and experience in increasing sales efficiency and productivity
- Prior experience at a growth-stage tech startup
- We are a remote-first company. The role is open to anyone in the contiguous U.S. with a preference for someone located in New York or the Bay Area.
Culture: Our company culture was built around a tireless pursuit to be the best at what we do. We’re entrepreneurial and focused: tackling problems head-on without ego. We communicate with empathy. We speak directly, listen thoughtfully, and ask questions.
Location: We previously worked out of a cozy warehouse in Brooklyn, but are currently distributed around the globe. This is a remote role.
Benefits: Air contributes 90% to medical, dental, and vision insurance and 75% to dependent coverage. Employees also have life insurance, disability insurance, and membership to One Medical. We offer a generous work from home stipend, professional development reimbursement, and unlimited vacation days. Although we are still early stage, we are always seeking ways to invest in the wellness and continued education of our employees.