Reddit (501+ Employees, 119% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We’re completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic. Learn more about how we’re evolving Reddit’s workforce here.
As a Senior Manager for our User Research team, you will lead a growing team of 10+ user researchers partnering with designers, product managers and engineers to help us better understand Reddit users. You will grow the team and the researchers’ skills and careers. You will manage the operations and processes of User Research at Reddit. You will develop cross-functional partnerships across the org and be a thought leader and partner with the Head of Design & Research to help guide design and product strategy.
Our mission is to create brand-new products and business models that deepen conversation, community, and connection on Reddit. We believe the Internet was meant to be a frontier — a land of possibility, freedom, and creativity. We want to put people back in control. Now’s your chance to join a world-class team and help us build a better future for online communities and the Internet as a whole.
What You’ll Do
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship to a team of User Researchers. Provide thought leadership across diverse products on the platform.
- Build relationships with leaders to implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Bring a deep expertise in Research (methodologies, operations, evangelism).
- Attract, retain, and inspire a talented, diverse team of User Researchers.
- Set expectations and maintain high standards of quality of work & excellence for the team.
- Comfortable navigating from ambiguity to clarity.
- Proactively plan ahead, anticipate needs and take steps in achieving necessary outcomes.
- Develop processes and identify opportunities for improvements that drive quality and efficiency to help researchers accomplish more than what they could otherwise.
- Effectively communicate and present solutions to user problems across the organization, as well as to large groups of end users.
- Gather community input and build understanding of Reddit’s users.
What We Can Expect From You
- 10+ years of relevant research experience
- Previous experience managing a team of researchers.
- Experience working on social or consumer facing products across multiple platforms
- Problem solver who can be effective in situations with limited information, building a solution from first principles and communicating it to stakeholders
- Humble and motivated to ship the best product; you’re always thinking about how to improve the experience for the end user
- A strong sense of user empathy
In addition to your application, please submit a portfolio or case studies that highlight the breadth and depth of your design experience. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].