VMware Carbon Black (501+ Employees, 7% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this great opportunity?
As the Marketing Manager for high profile global marquee programs, you will scale and innovate how we engage our audience through compelling programming. You will collaborate with and draw from a global community of expert practitioners versed in the art and science of audience engagement, as you formulate and implement demand strategies. Serve as a stakeholder in the design of demand strategy, mapping customer experiences across global marquee events. If you never settle for the ordinary or the status quo, you will thrive in this vibrant collective of high performers and experience the satisfaction of your ideas realized in a global motion with measurable business impact.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community – what we at VMware proudly identify as our EPIC2 values. Not only will you enjoy working with some of the best in the industry, you will also thrive in an environment that supports a career journey that is limited only by your imagination.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
First 6 months – you will be learning the ropes while bringing your experiences to bear in programs that are in play:
- Establish your foundation and network that will help you to get things done
- Understand the reach and impact of the global marquee program
- Get to know the target audiences
- Create and drive global demand framework for VMware Explore program
- establishing the lead routing and tracking of Explore pipeline
- create pre and post Explore customer connected journey
- partner with key stakeholders to develop strategy and plan for attendee acquisition
- establish cadence to communicate progress of program and pipeline to leadership and stakeholders
- Drive alignment with program management to drive and scale a strategic demand program across multiple stakeholders
- Take lead on vForum
- Plan and enable key stakeholders with supporting frameworks
- Plan experience and agenda – online and offline
- Partner with stakeholders to align on program content
- Establish program bill of materials and create event kit, playbook, and social kit
- Set up strategy deployment to begin building momentum for VMware Explore
Over 12 months – you will hold your own and evolve our demand programs
- Plan and enable stakeholders including field Marketing for second half programs, while thinking ahead to the next fiscal year with a fresh perspective on the global marquee program
- Research target audience needs, preferences and behavior to ensure relevance and value of our program, and offer guidance to regions and stakeholders
- Explore new programming ideas and collaborate with content providers to ensure relevancy and impact
- Establish a program lifecycle plan and build a connected campaign that supports audience Customer Journey
- Create the performance reporting templates and ensure a regular cadence of updates to executives, speakers and other key stakeholders
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
This is a global events strategist and program role that will collaborate with a broad set of corporate, global and regional stakeholders including content providers, communications, and executive marketing peers in the regions. Partnership and strong communication are strengths that will stand you in good stead. The program aspect of the role requires robust organizational skills and an attention to detail that a successful events professional would have honed over their career. Experiences in campaign planning, demand generation, strategic events marketing, meeting design, and content strategy are keys to success.
Responsibilities will encompass both the strategic and the tactical:
Formulate and implement event strategies that support pipeline goals Assess events and program effectiveness to identify opportunities for performance improvement, and explore expansion opportunities for integrated customer journey strategies Stay current on market trends, practitioner, ITDM persona and industry best practices – apply the intelligence to program refinement, offer insights and recommendations to stakeholders across content, format and experiences Align with regions on priorities and targets; ensure programs are meeting KPIs and metrics that deliver on value to Customers and Sales Establish the complete bill of materials and package the event kit for our marquee programs, and drive the project plan to ensure on-time execution and impact Work with Global Brand team as needed to update branding and instructive guide for demand gen programs Establish a reporting cadence and performance updates for leaders and stakeholders Create templates for pre & post-event engagement
What is the leadership like for this role?
The hiring manager for this role is Lee Tay, Director of Enterprise and Executive Marketing in the Global Demand Strategy and Programs organization. Lee has over 20+ years’ experience in B2B enterprise marketing in the tech space and has led integrated marketing, enterprise and executive program teams through her career. She is a strong champion for her team and their success, and takes the position of coach in her leadership style. Strategic planning and professional development time are set aside each week to ensure that team members can step away from the busyness of everyday to focus on their long range plans.
You will be joining a small high caliber team with a focus on supporting pipeline growth through demand strategies that engage and nurture relationships with practitioner, ITDM, and key influencer personas. The team is geographically diverse and collaborates very closely with other teams in the corporate, global and field marketing teams across the United States, Europe, and Asia-Pacific.
Where is this role located?
This role is fully remote and can be located anywhere in the US.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink’s Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, training, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
When you are ready to join us, we invite you to read our blog on GO-Hiring where you can learn our innovation in hiring and interview practices.
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.