Confluent (501+ Employees, 110% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Confluent is pioneering a fundamentally new category of data infrastructure focused on data in motion. Have you ever found a new favorite series on Netflix, picked up groceries curbside at Walmart, or paid for something using Square? That’s the power of data in motion in action—giving organizations instant access to the massive amounts of data that is constantly flowing throughout their business. At Confluent, we’re building the foundational platform for this new paradigm of data infrastructure. Our cloud-native offering is designed to be the intelligent connective tissue enabling real-time data, from multiple sources, to constantly stream across the organization. With Confluent, organizations can create a central nervous system to innovate and win in a digital-first world.
We’re looking for self-motivated team members who crave a challenge and feel energized to roll up their sleeves and help realize Confluent’s enormous potential. Chart your own path and take healthy risks as we solve big problems together. We value having diverse teams and want you to grow as we grow—whether you’re just starting out in your career or managing a large team, you’ll be amazed at the magnitude of your impact.
About The Role:
The Senior Marketing Program Manager is responsible for leading key marketing initiatives and programs and the on-going management of multiple large scale projects. The role leverages an agile, data-driven approach to track program performance, rapidly iterate, and identify on-going opportunities to improve initiatives within their portfolio of work. They are instrumental in guiding a seamless transition from big picture to details, while successfully navigating highly complex organizational structures within tight timelines. They drive cohesive cross-functional collaboration and governance for high impact marketing programs.
The ideal candidate has experience leading and managing integrated marketing programs and injecting both program and project management skills critical to help us form, execute, and measure the success of our strategic initiatives.
What You Will Do:
- Be the program leader and coach collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders in brand and content, campaigns, marketing operations, creative, product marketing, field marketing, data science, and other teams for projects within their portfolio
- Build, organize, manage, and structure programs and team projects, while identifying potential issues, dependencies, and proactively resolving them before they affect deliverable timelines
- Lead and successfully deliver highly strategic, impactful, business processes and programs on-time and within budget, ensuring all requirements are achieved
- Drive alignment across leaders in the organizations around vision and goals
- Manage formal feedback loop to provide input on programs and drive an agile and iterative workflow
- Partner cross-functionally to establish key performance indicators, track program results against intended business strategy, and assess overall efficiency of the initiative
- Build and deliver executive-level status presentations, providing regular status of performance and improvement plans to relevant stakeholders
- Effectively communicate across multiple teams of various disciplines and workstreams, hosting forums to review plans and progress, track actions and commitments, and driving initiatives to implementation and ongoing improvement
- Facilitate risk mitigation and drive resolution
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in program management (preference within marketing) with proven results within global, high-growth, technology companies
- Extensive experience with project management, integrated marketing planning, marketing brief development, and campaign management
- Experience working between in-house marketing teams, creative partners, agency partners, and technical teams
- Proven ability to build trusting relationships across the organization, collaboration, and leading through influence
- Previously executed complex strategic and operational initiatives
- Implemented and previously run strategic, large-scale initiatives projects in a change-oriented, fast-paced environment requiring deadline-driven productivity
- Demonstrates leadership qualities to organize, project manage, and drive a highly productive team to meet cross-functional targets and deadlines
- Seasoned project management expertise, problem-solving, analytical, written/verbal communication (framing, storytelling), teamwork, and interpersonal skills with leaders
- Strong track record managing stakeholders and operating in a cross-functional environment
- Resourcefulness, persistence, and ability to thrive in fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency with GSuite
- Ability to work independently and a strong sense of ownership
What Gives You An Edge:
- Experience with Agile methodology, Asana, JIRA, and other planning tools
Come As You Are
At Confluent, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more diverse we are, the richer our community and the broader our impact. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Confluent requires all employees (in office and remote) in the U.S. to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Consistent with federal, state, and local requirements, Confluent will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions/contraindications or sincerely-held religious beliefs where it is able to do so without undue hardship to the company.