Cerebral (501+ Employees, 1,000%+ 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
At Cerebral, we’re on a mission to improve access to high-quality mental health care. We believe that everyone everywhere deserves to get the care they need, and are striving to make care convenient and accessible, while tackling the stigmas that surround mental illness.
Since launching in January 2020, we have gone from a team of 5 to over 4,000 across the United States. With support from investors like SoftBank, Silver Lake, Access Industries, Bill Ackman, WestCap, and others, and impactful leaders like you, we’ll continue to democratize mental health care and double down on clinical quality and deliver exceptional patient outcomes for years to come. With a heavy focus on clinical quality and safety in all that we do, we’ve accomplished excellent patient outcomes:
- 82% of patients report an improvement in their anxiety symptoms after using Cerebral.
- 75% of patients who report improvement in their depression see improvement within 60 days.
- 50% of patients who initially report suicidal ideation no longer harbor suicidal thoughts after treatment with Cerebral.
This is just the beginning for Cerebral, and we won’t stop building, growing, and iterating until everyone, everywhere can access high-quality evidence-based mental health care without high costs and/or long wait times. We’re looking for mission-driven leaders who share these values, and we need your help as we transform access to high-quality mental health care in the United States and beyond.
Cerebral is the largest tele-mental health clinic that provides high quality care via data science. We are pioneering decentralized clinical trials in CNS by expediting recruitment (7-10x faster than traditional CROs), improving retention, and integrating novel data sources (e.g. EEG, wearables, etc).
We are searching for an experienced Senior Medical Director to play a key role on the leadership team at Cerebral and the principal investigator on clinical trials. As our Senior Medical Director, you will serve as the key medical and scientific expert, working with cross-functional teams and external collaborators for pharmaceutical partnerships and our new products and innovation initiatives.
Who you are
- Medical Degree and broad based post-graduate experience
- Board-certified psychiatrist, 5+ years minimum experience
- Physician leadership experience preferred
- Flexible and Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to thrive in a fast paced startup environment
- Patient centric, self-motivated, energetic, vigilant, comfortable working remotely
- Two years (minimum) industry experience as a Principal Investigator or other equivalent experience with experience in pharma and/or biotech industry
How your skills and passion will come to life at Cerebral:
- Serve as clinical lead for pharmaceutical partnerships
- Serve as clinical lead for New Products and Innovation teams.
- Review and evaluate partnership protocols and provide support as principal investigator on clinical trials.
- Work with psychiatric nurse practitioners as collaborating clinician
- Serve as primary liaison and manage relationships with members of the Scientific and Clinical Advisory Board
- Be deeply involved in clinical quality and clinical safety initiatives
- Be a Cerebral public facing representative through presenting as a thought leader in precision psychiatry at conferences and contributing to medical writing for blogs and peer-reviewed journals
- Serve as primary liaison with the clinical advisory board and the scientific advisory board.
- Delegate and make sound clinical judgements with patient safety as a top priority
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with the medical and scientific community including payers, pharma, hospitals and physician specialists.
Who we are (our company values):
- Client-first focus – Relentless focus on improving client experience & the quality of care
- Results and data-driven – Reach goals by making data-led decisions with measurable results
- Ownership – Accountable for hitting our goals & delivering on commitments
- High velocity – Strong bias for action, enabling us to quickly adapt & win in a fast-changing market
- Mission-driven experimentation – Iteratively experiment with new ideas, products, & services to help advance our mission
- Lead with empathy – Demonstrate the same level of compassion for one another as we show for our clients
- Deep, hands-on leadership – Leaders stay connected to the details of their operations & believe no task is beneath them
What we offer:
- Mission-driven impact:
- Shape the future of the #1 largest and fastest growing online mental health care company in the world
- Build a platform that is improving the lives and well-being of hundreds of thousands of people (and counting)
- Join a community of high achievers who have a passion for promoting mental health
- Path to develop & grow:
- Bi-annual performance reviews & opportunities for promotions – as Cerebral grows, so should you. We build your goals together and forge a career path that is right for you
- Remote-first model: Work virtually from anywhere in the US
- Competitive compensation & benefits:
- Total compensation includes equity/stock options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401k provided to all employees
- Unlimited PTO – we encourage taking the time you need to relax and recharge
- Top-tier wellness benefits and perks, including bi-quarterly mental health days (8 per year), No-Meeting-Wednesdays, holistic monthly wellness stipend, and access to on-demand health & wellness content
- $200 WFH reimbursement
- Culture & connectivity:
- Virtual social events (e.g., happy hours) enable us to build a sense of community and connect on a more personal level
- Monthly peer-to-peer recognition allowance via Bonusly allows team members to reward one another for values-aligned contributions
- Optional in-person company retreats provide an opportunity to augment team-building and celebrate our successes together
Cerebral is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.