SoFi (501+ Employees, 52% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our millions of members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront. We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
The Operations Specialist role involves creating SoFi Operations procedures and processes across multiple SoFi Business departments and products, to create and maintain member communications on the help center for all SoFi products and services, construct meaningful responses on the chatbot to enable containment to our call centers, and deliver timely notifications and information to agents on new products, process changes or incidents.
The Operations Procedure Specialist's day involves conducting knowledge/information intake with designated SMEs or stakeholders and further researching and analyzing information, organizing, writing, and publishing on various knowledge management platforms. These Tasks are performed with the overall goal of improving and providing a positive member experience, creating a strong knowledge foundation for SoFi agents, and creating standards to stay compliant for investors and regulators. The analyst will also be responsible for responding to requests for maintenance of existing content on the above-mentioned platforms in line with the Member experience related-data and feedback.
The Operations Procedure Specialist will be responsible for maintaining the Knowledge Base style guides and page templates. They will have the responsibility for auditing analyst page edits and creations to ensure adherence to the style guide and templates.
Analytical, communication and organizational skills are critical to the Operations Procedure Specialist. They possess strong written and oral communication abilities and are responsible for creating operations documents, interacting with multiple departments including Senior Management, and contributing to multiple knowledge management projects as applicable. SoFi Operations Procedure Specialists are detail-oriented, deadline-oriented problem-solvers who are able to employ leadership, critical thinking, and time management skills and can work effectively both independently and in teams. They are confident in working with people of diverse backgrounds, understanding quality control concepts, and developing creative and innovative ways to improve and standardize business processes.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Knowledge Management and content maintenance
- Manage and maintain the Operations Knowledge Base (OKB) for all operations business units and SoFi Help Center for all SoFi Products and communications.
- Create Chatbot responses for Member Self-serve procedures and work with the Digital team to have the content updated.
- Conduct intake sessions with SMEs/SOP owners, and observe agent workflow to confirm procedures are current, or if updates will be required.
- Conduct assessments against published SOPs/Help Center/Chatbot Content to highlight areas of potential improvement or concern. Identify issues and risks.
- Bring inconsistencies and problems to the attention of process/product owners.
- Participate in the editing and resolution of non-current SOPs or Help center content and archive as required with approvals from designated stakeholders.
- Confirm that documentation contained in the OKB, Help center and Chatbot are compliant with SoFi Policies as well as over-arching financial regulations that apply.
- Secure, and collect documentation for regulatory compliance and audit purposes.
New Content Creation and communication
- Collect and organize all needed information required to create new procedures by leveraging process experts and key stakeholders across related departments.
- Acts as a project leader in all phases of project execution and implementation, and ensures all related objectives are fulfilled for each project.
- Develop approved policy, procedure, and guided communications for agents, create member communications for Help center or chatbot in line with business needs.
- Secure, assemble, and archive accumulated documentation and approvals for regulatory compliance purposes.
- Send out Hot Topics/Notifications to agents (via the OKB/SoFi Guide) as applicable, when content is ready for launch.
Cross-Functional Process Management
- Coordinate with the Project Management Office (PMO) to organize and leverage individuals across multiple departments/business functions such as EPD (Engineering, Product, Design), Marketing, Business Units, Operations (MET, Review, Collections, Escalations etc.)
- Define tasks and required resources.
- Identify the key stakeholders or process experts.
- Align on a schedule and project timeline, Support and consult the project team.
- Monitor and report on project progress.
- Present progress reports to stakeholders encompassing problems and solutions.
- Evaluate and assess the result of the content.
- Collaborate with the Instructional design team to ensure their classroom materials and SoFi procedures are up to date and accurate.
- 3-5 years experience in an operational analysis or technical writing position or equivalent
- BA/BS degree strongly preferred
- Positive, self-starter driven to exceed expectations and navigate a rapidly changing business model.
- Experience writing scripts and storyboards for learning solutions preferred
- Demonstrated advanced project leadership skills and collaborative success.
- Experience in preparing, delivering written/oral presentations and recommendations to the team and Senior Management.
- Strong understanding of OKB tools, Atlassian preferred. Knowledge of Zendesk Guide desired.
- Strong data & root cause analysis
- Experience writing and implementing new content for custom, instructor-led learning materials and processes (Examples: Facilitator Guides, Testing Documents, Participant workbooks, job aids, etc…)
- Strong use and knowledge of Google Suite
- Ability to provide clear and concise feedback
- Excellent verbal, written, reading comprehension, and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deliverables under tight deadlines
- High attention to detail and the ability to multitask effectively
- Proven experience analyzing, interpreting, and summarizing complex data as it relates to business policy and procedure
- Experience with call flow technologies and strategies
This job operates in a flexible work environment, the employee can be remote or based in one of SoFi’s office locations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and hours of work and days are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, effective on November 1, 2021, U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated and boosted (when eligible) to work from any of our offices, travel for business or attend work-related meetings.