TravelNest (11-50 Employees, 7% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
Senior People Partner
TravelNest is an Edinburgh founded travel-tech startup. We help Owners of holiday vacation rental properties maximise their performance in a global Guest market. Today with our platform a Host can upload their property details once and be advertised for bookings across 30+ top travel sites including Airbnb, Booking.com, and Expedia.
Our ambition is to become the place a Host markets and manages their property. Providing everything from channel listings, to operational services, to facilitating direct bookings. A “super app” for vacation rental owners.
About the Role
Our People team operates within the heart of the organisation. You will join a growing people team where you will partner with people operations and recruitment to maximise employee value throughout the entire employee lifecycle. Our people function is designed to enable our people to do great work and build an outstanding product.
We have an opportunity for a passionate Senior People Partner to join us and help strengthen our working environment and company culture. You will drive strategic people initiatives and partner with business leadership to provide hands-on strategic insight and input to all people areas: employee relations, performance management, DE&I, reward and recognition, people development and retention.
We are currently a team of 55 based across the UK working remotely/hybrid, following a recent funding round we have ambitious plans to scale our team and grow our product.
What you’ll do
- Partner with the Executive and Leadership team to ensure our team is aligned and working effectively to OKR’s/Company Goals
- Partner with the leadership group to deliver programs, tools and experiences that engage and inspire our teams at all levels to drive a culture of high performance and accountability
- You will provide day to day support and feedback to our leadership group in areas of performance management, management training/ coaching, organisational development, and employee relations
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues, with a strong working knowledge of UK employment legal requirements, escalating to our external legal partners where needed
- Working closely with our entire team to embed our company values, strengthening relationships and focus on building morale
- Analyse people data and identify trends to advise decisions on people strategy
- Design and implement scalable people frameworks and processes that support future growth (particularly in the area of performance reviews and development)
What we’re looking for
- Understanding tech businesses and how they work is key here, ideally you have at least 5 years of operating as a people partner within a technology business
- A CIPD or equivalent qualification is advantageous
- The ability to achieve results in a fast growth environment and support teams through change
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills, able to create strong and trusting relationships throughout the entire organisation
- You personify radical candor and care deeply about creating a culture where there is clear expectations, accountability and growth
- Excellent knowledge of people policies, procedures, employment law, and practices with a high attention to detail
- Experience of developing, implementing and maintaining people programmes
- Passionate about creating an environment where people thrive, focussing on the employee experience with a good understanding of reward and recognition
- A keen interest in Learning and Development programs would be advantageous with previous experience of employee/management training advantageous
- You have strong prioritisation skills and are accountable for delivery of your people goals
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, unlimited holiday leave, a great working environment and the opportunity to grow our product and business together.
We have recently hired fully remote employees throughout the UK and as we scale we endeavor to have a Remote-first/hybrid working environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age.