Weedmaps (501+ Employees, 73% 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
The S&O team at Weedmaps partners with our Sales and Product teams to drive revenue, craft and execute sales strategy, and constantly innovate to grow the business. Members of the S&O team focus on initiatives and projects that continuously fuel the growth of the company
As a Senior Pricing Analyst, you will play a vital role within the organization by using a data-driven approach to make strategic recommendations and drive understanding of our fast-growing business. You will be a critical member of the team that Sales, GMs, and Finance look to for pricing insights and strategic direction. In this role, you will be the essential driver of pricing decisions and recommendations across all B2B monetization channels at Weedmaps.
You are a self-starter, independent thinker, profoundly analytical and detailed-oriented, and capable of working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You tend to roll up your sleeves, slice and dice massive sets of information, and build solutions to problems that have not been taken on yet. Supporting and developing a data-driven Sales organization is second nature to you.
The impact you’ll make:
- Analyze revenue performance, market share, capacity, and competitor activity for all markets and create market strategies that support the delivery of revenue targets
- Develop pricing structure and demand forecasting to optimize display ads revenue
- Analyze current trend and performance data and recommend pricing strategy improvements.
- Partner with Sales and Finance to build and test;
- Long-term pricing solutions and packages
- Promotional campaigns
- Maintain centralized pricing documentation for all weedmaps products
- Streamline pricing exception and tracking processes
- Collaborate with internal teams to align pricing strategy, profitability goals, and expectations and provide data and pricing experience to answer questions, resolve pricing discrepancies and create individual market approaches as needed.
- Live and breathe data to create insights that drive operational efficiency and business results
- You are highly proactive in creating new lenses to examine the business to effectively and quickly drive initiatives and data-driven strategies across the organization
What you’ve accomplished:
- Minimum 4 of relevant experience with two years experience analyzing data and driving actionable results; education may be considered instead of expertise.
- Fluent in SQL or any other database querying language
- Prior startup or tech world experience is a big plus
- Analytical thinker and structured problem solver
- Strong background in researching and manipulating complex and large data sets
- Strong working knowledge and skills in spreadsheet and presentation software
- Experience with data visualization tools (Chartio, Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Comfort working in ambiguity with a focus on fast execution and iteration
- BA/BS degree or equivalent with specialization in marketing, finance, business, MIS, or related field of study
- Bonus: Knowledge of complex analytical packages including, but not limited to, R, Python, etc
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee – employer-paid premium 100%
- Dependent – employer-paid premium 80%
- HMO – Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA – Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D – employer-paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- BenefitEd (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings), including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit, and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office
- Casual work environment, no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights, and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.
Notice to prospective Weedmaps job applicants:
Our team has been made aware of incidents involving LinkedIn, Telegram, and Facebook accounts impersonating Weedmaps recruiters. These individuals are attempting to use our company name to solicit payment from prospective candidates interested in applying for jobs at our company. Our team is actively working to combat these attempts, but in the meantime, please be mindful of the following:
- Our recruiters will always communicate with candidates through an @weedmaps.com email address.
- CORRECT: [email protected]
- INCORRECT: [email protected]
- Our recruiters will NEVER ask for or attempt to solicit payment from applicants in order to apply, interview, or work for Weedmaps.
- If you are interested in a role at Weedmaps, please apply through our established channels.
If you are unsure if a communication is legitimate, please contact our recruitment team at [email protected], and they will happily confirm for you. Thank you for your vigilance; we appreciate your interest in working with us!