Eagle Genomics Ltd (51-200 Employees, 2 Yr Employee Growth Rate)
This is your opportunity to join a pioneering company working at the intersection of two exciting areas: life sciences and data science. We’re at the centre of the digital reinvention of life sciences R&D, using the latest technologies to enable data-driven discovery.
As we plan for ambitious, accelerated growth, we have expanded our network of offices in technology and innovation hubs around the world: in the UK, Germany, India, the US, France, and Ukraine. So, the stage is set to make great steps forward.
Department: Data Science
Permanent – Full Time
Location: New York – Flexible remote working with occasional travel into the New York Genome Center (101 6th Ave, NY 10013)
We are looking for a broad level of experience: from senior data scientists to principal data scientists with many years of commercial and/or academic experience.
- You will work jointly with scientists, bioinformaticians and data/software engineers to make sense of a variety of data sources.
- You need the capacity to analyse large amounts of data, build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms and generalise such models into packageable and reusable data science tools.
- The ability to innovate, abstract and create is key.
- You will work with complex, meshed, and hyper-dimensional data, combine modelling techniques, and generalise them.
- Strong programming experience in either R or Python.
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Proven track record in analysing and interpreting large data sets and statistical analysis
- Degree in relevant fields such as statistics, computer science, computational biology, etc.
- Solid knowledge of machine learning and deep learning techniques
- Highly organised with a meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with specialists from your own and other fields
- A Ph.D. degree is not required but preferred.
Experience in at least one of the following domains:
- Natural Language Processing
- Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or Genetics
- Graph-based methods and knowledge graph analysis and inference
- Causal analysis and inference
Nice to have:
- Industrial experience working with a multidisciplinary team
- Publications in academic setting and patents in commercial setting
- Wealth Management 401(k) Plan
- 15 days annual leave
- Health and Welfare plan includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, and Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
- Optional Employee Paid Voluntary Benefits
We are proud to have an active information security program across all business areas, based on the ISO/IEC ISO 27001 standard .We require all our colleagues to contribute to the effectiveness of the ISMS by accepting and understanding their duty of confidentiality to Eagle Genomics data secure.